Talk:Homebrew Sorter

From WiiBrew
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Sorry to bug you guys, but when I open the homebrew sorter, it just freezes at "loading" and I'd really like to use this app. :( Shadowtroop 14:12, 23 December 2009 (UTC)

Can you try and see if it mounts anything? --Teknecal 12:51, 23 December 2009 (UTC)

Nope, same thing. But it did say something about "Unable to find settings file" I downloaded it from the homebrew browser. Was it supposed to come with one? Shadowtroop 14:12, 23 December 2009 (UTC)

No it doesn't need to come with one. So which device of yours was mounted? SD or USB? Try this one (it won't go into the GUI and will exit by itself): It should print out "Going to read apps", then list apps like "App = ftpii", then say "Finished reading apps, time to sort" then "Reading Homebrew List", etc. Let me know exactly what it all prints out or take a picture of it, thanks. --Teknecal 06:25, 24 December 2009 (UTC)

Ok, what happens is that it goes normally, says settings file not found, then "EXCEPTION DSI OCCURRED". Also, now that I think about it, have a lot of folders in /apps that have no boot.dol. Is that screwing it up? Shadowtroop 20:18, 24 December 2009 (UTC)

I'm having the same problem, but it did work at first. Then I decided to abandon Catagorii and dump all my various app folders into apps, and that is when this problem started. I don't have folders without a boot.dol, but I do have a lot of app folders. I will try the debug program and post the results.--Donsch 15:51, 25 December 2009 (UTC)

OK, the debug program helped, it was getting stuck on komopong_wii, I have no idea why, but removing the folder let it finish the list. Thanks for the debug util, the regular program seems to be working again. When I put the boot.dol from komopong_wii back in the folder, Homebrew Sorter locked up again, so definitely confirmed the source of the problem, I also confirmed that the pong game works fine. --Donsch 16:13, 25 December 2009 (UTC)

So it's probably one of my hundreds of apps. Dammit. --Shadowtroop 21:58, 25 December 2009 (UTC)

Thanks for testing it out. I think I found the problem, was in parsing the meta xml. Could you guys try: --Teknecal 03:34, 26 December 2009 (UTC)
Also v0.2 has been released now. --Teknecal 01:23, 28 December 2009 (UTC)