Only post questions about the HBC and not that tool XZY loaded by the HBC can't read from SD.
- 1 Homebrew Channel HELP
- 2 Nintendo Channel Info collection - possible problem?
- 3 Are Homebrew Channel updates digitally signed?
- 4 Some potential beta bugs?
- 5 Wiimote Flicker
- 6 Installing the Homebrew Channel from the ten-minute demo?
- 7 Wiiload?
- 8 SendElf
- 9 Found a Bug
- 10 boot disc won't work
- 11 Homebrew-order
- 12 Two bugs I suppose
- 13 installed The Homebrew Channel but keeps returning to wii menu
- 14 To some Admins
- 15 Wiimote Resync
- 16 Stuck at Max / Entries : 20535
Homebrew Channel HELP
After using the twilight princess hack and all of that I got the channel but when I Load it up the Earth thing at the bottom flashes then stays highlighted, after that nothing happens except bubbles rising. And whats that weirdo Gecko thing please HELP!
- Have you downloaded the app pack from the same website and properly put that onto the SD card? The apps should appear in the main bit, the globe means that it's connected to the internet and the gecko means a USB Gecko is connected (neither of which you actually need to load from an SD card) Muzer 03:44, 27 May 2008 (PDT)
How do you do that I downloaded a package with them in but have no idea where to put them this is what my SD files looks like:
Secure Digital Storage Drive (D:): - private - wii - title - RZDP - data.bin
- wiiload - lin32 - wiiload - osx - wiiload - win32 - wiiload.exe - gecko.c - gecko.h - main.c - Makefile - boot.elf
That's all I have in there what do i need to do
- You need to download this apps pack or any other app pack you might find, and extract the apps folder inside that to the root of your SD card. So it will look like:
Secure Digital Storage Drive (D:): - private - wii - title - RZDP - data.bin - wiiload - lin32 - wiiload - osx - wiiload - win32 - wiiload.exe - gecko.c - gecko.h - main.c - Makefile - boot.elf - apps - gc-linux - boot.elf - icon.png - meta.xml - regionfree - boot.elf - icon.png - meta.xml
... etc etc Muzer 04:05, 27 May 2008 (PDT)
- There is no need to put wiiload on the SD card.Felix123 05:18, 27 May 2008 (PDT)
Nintendo Channel Info collection - possible problem?
Take a look at this: http://i26.tinypic.com/1e97w2.jpg (the word that's cut off on the left in the 2nd to last row is "unless", and the word that the down arrow is on top of is "your") Seeing that the Homebrew Channel appears on the message board, couldn't this be a problem?
Also couldn't there be some way like an RSS feed for news updates right in the channel, like if a new Wii firmware is compatible? NintendoManiac64 06:54, 26 May 2008 (PDT)
- That's not a bad idea, then people wouldn't have to check on Wiibrew to see if an update is safe; the info would show up in the channel. The banner could even change when there's new news, like the News Channel does. Even have new homebrew or updated versions available for download. But I imagine they've already thought of all this. :-p 126.96.36.199 01:30, 27 May 2008 (PDT)
Just read what it says: They can only identify who is running what if you link your Wii to your My Nintendo account. So if you've already linked it to your My Nintendo account, just go to the Wii Shop Channel and unlink it from the options. Case closed. Deozaan 00:37, 27 May 2008 (PDT)
Well, unlinking your account isn't any good if you like having your VC games automatically registered.NintendoManiac64 06:22, 26 May 2008 (PDT)
Are Homebrew Channel updates digitally signed?
Are there any mechanism in place to make sure Homebrew Channel updates are really from the Homebrew Channel team? Felix123 02:38, 25 May 2008 (PDT)
- Not yet, but we plan on addressing that within the next two releases. Bushing 04:42, 25 May 2008 (PDT)
Some potential beta bugs?
Thanks for releasing this guys...I can have my Zelda save back on my Wii again :)
That said, I think I've found a couple of issues.
- My Ninty LAN adaptor doesn't seem to be supported as the "networking" always fails. No biggie for now, but it'd be nice to mention it somewhere to save others trying if it's not actually supported for now.
- iirc we had reports of a working lan adapter. recheck the network settings in sysmenu/options. does the icon on the lower right stop blinking? dhewg 05:38, 25 May 2008 (PDT)
- My Datel LAN adaptor works. 188.8.131.52 17:05, 26 May 2008 (PDT)
Im guessing this does not support WAN yet since i cannot connect the channel to the internet???
- Booting ELFs from the menu fails when my GameCube memory card is in the slot. There's at least a note about this in one of the readmes/FAQs, but I'm intrigued as to why loading from the SD fails when it's present? It seems to load the icons and meta data fine, but just sits at 0% when I actual click the load button.
- thats a bug in the libraries used, should be fixed soon dhewg 05:38, 25 May 2008 (PDT)
- Doesn't respond to the power button on the remote. Trivial, but just something I noticed.
- yes, we know about that one too, we'll look into it dhewg 05:38, 25 May 2008 (PDT)
- For some reason, when I have the SD Gecko with SD Card in it in slot A (haven't tried slot B) the channel says reading from SD or whatever, then sits at the main menu, with no apps. The channel still works fine, just there's nothing to click on :P You can quit the channel with the home button still, and the cursor still works, so it hasn't crashed. This seems to be a different problem than the 0% loading that other people have - Shambler
Mr jrt 04:40, 25 May 2008 (PDT)
- thanks for the feedback!
- One time I got the message that the system files of my WII are defect while launching homebrew channel. I couldn't start it and needed to power off. Then it was working again.
- I had this problem as well and the exact same solution. It appeared to be an official nintendo error and it stated that the software was corrupt and that the software needed to be reinstalled. I was worried, but I rebooted and the wii and the HBC worked properly after that. Not sure if it's repeatable, but it happened the first time when I tried to load Snes9x through the HBC and clicked "exit to TP".
First i wanna say im sorry for my english.
Well i have a problem with the Homebrew Channel, basically everything works Perfectly and you guys outdone yourselves, it really is excelent, but what want to ask is if it's normal that my Wiimote is always flickering, i mean, when o point to the screen the hand appears and i can move it perfectly but many times if i move it goes up and down, and disapears and appears, like if was flickering ?
- Do you have other light sources around?Felix123 07:04, 25 May 2008 (PDT)
- Does it also happen in the main Wii menu? Wipe the end of the wiimote? Sit closer to the TV? Sgspencer 07:12, 25 May 2008 (PDT)
- I have the same problem, and it doesn't happen in the Wii menu, only in the homebrew channel (and also in the ScummVM menu, games). I think the problem is that my tv is infront of a window, and the wiimote is set to be too sensitive.
- it's a problem with the wiiuse code. it's too sensitive to ir-sources. that's afaik something that's being worked on Adan0s 09:33, 25 May 2008 (PDT)
I found something interesting that you may wish to try when experiencing "Wiimote Flickering" If your sure its not the light, the angle or any of the normal sensitivity things try plugging in your Nunchuck. I discovered this a long time ago, when I was using bluetooth and glovepie, that you get far better results with both. Sypher 16:52, 25 May 2008 (PDT)
Installing the Homebrew Channel from the ten-minute demo?
I was unable to install the beta7 version directly from the 10-min limit preview, so I worked around it in this way: I used the preview version to launch a loader, which I then used to launch the installer. If you returned you copy of the Twilight Princess and have the demo installed, you too can join in all the fun!
I just made a shortcut in my SendTo menu. If you create a .bat file with the following code:
set WIILOAD=tcp:192.168.1.102 wiiload %1
and put that in the same directory as wiiload, you can make a shortcut to the batch file and drag and drop, or in my case, use the send to menu. (Using a batch file makes it portable, as well as fixing the environment variables issue with Vista.) You'll need to change the IP to your Wii's IP of course. Thegamefreak0134 14:28, 26 May 2008 (PDT)
Found a Bug
Once, when I loaded the homebrew channel, the screen flickered for a second, and then the forward arrow jumped to under the programs, this also happens on every subsequent program screen, and doesn't fix itself until you restart your wii. Click here
boot disc won't work
I've downloaded the self booting iso for the homebrew channel and burned it to a DVD but when i put it in my wii, it doesn't work :S
- It will only work if your Wii has a modchip. Otherwise, you will need an SD card, and Zelda: Twilight Princess. --Chungy 10:55, 26 May 2008 (PDT)
i have yaosm 2.something and i have also tried with 3.0 but doesn't work :s
- There are two possibilities:
- 1. Yaosm 2 is not able to read homebrew discs
- 2. There is a problem with the DVD medium (try changing DVD+/-R and brand), the burning speed (try 2x) or your burning application. [eventually more?] --Arn
i'm using a DVD+RW could that be it? i'm going to buy some DVD-R's, probably tomorrow.
It would be nice if you would able to change the order of the homebrew-menu... not only via directory-creation date =(
- I agree... directory-creation date is by no way the easiest way for me to find what I want! 184.108.40.206 11:40, 26 May 2008 (PDT)
- Just create the dirs in the right order (or use linux and poke them)
Two bugs I suppose
Installed the channel. When launching any application, remote not doing anything, have to pull the plug. After exiting the channel, reboot happens.
A lot of homebrew applications use the GameCube controller, as Wiimote support is fairly new and still being tinkered with. Make sure you're trying it out on both. The reboot is perfectly normal, it's the simplest way to get back to the system menu from code. I imagine once we figure out how to return cleanly back to the menu, we'll do that instead. Also, you can just hold down the power button for 5 seconds if an APP crashes, you don't have to pull the plug. (Still have to walk to the Wii though...) Thegamefreak0134 14:39, 26 May 2008 (PDT)
I've installed Twilight Hack and homebrew channel and I have no gamecube cards connected. When I point and click on homebrew channel i see the animated bubbles. I then click on start but all I see now is 12 white wii screens on black background and then wii returns to wii menu. SD card is 1gb and set up as required with all applications in apps folder. (version 3.0E) Any help appreciated.
To some Admins
Hey Ho, May anyone can place this Phrase at top of the article page? Iam very into translating some pages to german ;)
Thanks ;) Matty 22:38, 26 May 2008 (PDT)
I can't get my wiimotes to resync after launcing homebrew, ie tetris, how is this done? I've tried pressing both the sync buttons but this doesn't work.
The wiimote will only re-sync if the homebrew in question is set up to use it. Most homebrew right now uses a Gamebuce controller, so you'll need to use that instead. With homebrew that does use the wiimote, the re-sync is achieved by holding 1+2. (The unofficial port of the SNES emulator, and the Genesis emulator, are good examples.) As far as I know, the Homebrew Channel itself is the only homebrew application that syncs the Wiimote automatically. Thegamefreak0134 05:17, 27 May 2008 (PDT)
- Moreover, since the wiimote expects the wii to resynch it straight away (such as when starting ordinary wii channels, it desynchs for a second then automatically resynchs), you have to wait a bit before 1+2 is pressed. Muzer 05:22, 27 May 2008 (PDT)
- Just to add to this discussion, the new WAD manager automatically sync's, so I'm guessing the pretty soon all homebrew will feature this.
Stuck at Max / Entries : 20535
I am trying to install the homebrew channel 7 onto my Nintendo wii (PAL UK). Now i have set my SD card up in the following way:
private wiiload apps n64 roms scummvm boot.elf (the channel installer)
Now i have copied over my Twighlight hack game save to my wii, then i start up twilight princess and cick on the save. When i talk to the guy however, it gives me some lines of code and then instantly freezes at:
Max # / entries: 20535
and i have to restart my wii.
What's going on? have i done something wrong?
Thanks in advance