Dual layer support
As the page mentions that "dual layer discs are not supported", I was wondering why there is no such support for DL discs? I'll be trying to play a DL DVD using MplayerWii, but from the looks of it this will not work due to DVDx not being up to par with it; was it hard/impossible to get done, or did you skip it due to fear of piracy or something? Steve32 22:09, 23 December 2008 (UTC)
Applications using DVDx
I don't think the backup loader belongs in the list of applications using dvdx as it could lead to more piracy. Flark 00:14, 6 November 2008 (UTC)
While trying to install the new dvdx that works on 3.4 it said: "It seems to me that you are a pirate. goodbye" press [home] to leave
i cannot find why i don't have any pirated apps? Maybe my cios?
- Hahahaha, AWESOME. :D -Flark 22:45, 31 December 2008 (UTC)
- Yah awesome if it's against pirates but not awesome seeing as i have 3.4 and haven't pirated anything...Owell i'll figure it out hopefully --Spyke8x 01:50, 1 January 2009 (UTC)
Comments below are outdated, since there now is a working install for DVDx on 3.4. I don't know if they should be deleted or kept there. --NoSubstitute 17:27, 31 December 2008 (UTC)
- You cannot install DVDx if you have updated your Wii since October 23rd. --Zaccret 09:15, 7 November 2008 (UTC)
-You can if you downgrade your firmware. Google it, and you might find something ;) --Jedicommando 05:42, 9 November 2008 (UTC)
- Information about this should be included in the installation section or the faq section or both. Flark 03:40, 28 November 2008 (UTC)
- Come on, somebody add this info... I would do it myself, but I haven't updated since system menu 3.2. We need someone who has gone through the process required to install DVDx with system menu 3.4 to add the necessary information to the wiki page. Flark 13:58, 12 December 2008 (UTC)
- Can someone please find a way for people who unknowingly updated to 3.3 in the past? (or 3.4)--Cyndaquil 03:37, 14 December 2008 (UTC)
- Well guys i updates to 3.4E. DVDx is not installing! i successfully downgraded to 3.2E but it's still not installing. Anyone tried it also and succeeded?
- Tried (with 3.3US) and failed. Stopped at the second stage of the install, returns you to HBC. Tried again, did the same. Tried moving to 3rd step, wouldn't load, had to manually power down my Wii. Tried running DVDx after and it wouldn't work on both Normal and PatchMii install. Not going to update to 3.4 unless I hear it works. --Cyndaquil 05:48, 1 January 2009 (UTC)
Don't think that dvd should be in Peripherals because dvdx doesn't play dvd's, it installs the hidden dvdx channel. Just want to shout that out. Octoroks 00:57, 26 November 2008 (UTC)
- i have to agree with octoroks on that one Zamadatix 22:13, 31 December 2008 (UTC)
- You're a bit late since the dvd icon was removed ages ago, Zamadatix. -Flark 22:45, 31 December 2008 (UTC)
- oh oops i replied to this one and not the new comments, i can be a bit slow sometimes i guess ;) Zamadatix 23:21, 31 December 2008 (UTC)
DVDx v3.4 is compatible with firmware v3.3?
DVDx v3.4 is compatible with firmware v3.3? Duhow
When I use the v3.4 installer on my 3.4U wii, it just gives me a black screen on the 3rd step. Ouch. Justing6 03:20, 6 January 2009 (UTC)
- That's because for some retarded reason the installer doesn't actually contain DVDX. It tries to download it from hackmii.com. marcan figured this out and intentionally tampered with the file and now the installer doesn't work anymore. -Flark 07:47, 6 January 2009 (UTC)
Does anyone have the original file that the installer tried to download? Anyone know where I can get it?
- What good would that do? -Flark 15:39, 7 January 2009 (UTC)