Talk:BootMii Configuration Editor
Why does it look like dos?
it looks like dos, kinda scares me, --Aujakev 16:22, 29 June 2009 (UTC)
- Actually, I based the look and feel on the linux debian installer! You can set it how you like now in v2.0+ :) Pembo 08:32, 5 July 2009 (UTC)
The full source code is now available to download - see main page
I hope the next version to allow more than 5 seconds for the "boot delay" option (I use 10). --Sca.nab 17:13, 29 June 2009 (UTC)
- In v2.1 you can set the boot delay with values from 0 through to 10 seconds Pembo 21:31, 7 July 2009 (UTC)
Forcing the Video Mode?
When you change the video mode configuration will this change be permanent everywhere? eg. When playing an NTSC Wii game on a PAL Wii (Set to PAL60 in the system menu) using GeckoOS usually the game will switch the video mode to NTSC when booting - would the BootMii Configuration Editor prevent this from happening and keep the video setting at PAL60 at all times? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Link83 (talk • contribs) 09:35, 24 August 2009 (UTC)
- Not even close. Bootmii itself has the settings for how to display, be it PAL, NTSC, or Progressive. The video setting here only applies to Bootmii. -Kage Korosu 17:04, 8 August 2010 (UTC)
Switching bug with MIKE
I used v2.5 changing bootmii folder with BootMii and ~bootmii one with MIKE, but there is a issue, when bootmii folder with MIKE renamed to ~bootmii, the ppcboot.elf file size of MIKE became smaller and it can't use anymore and that ppcboot.elf seems corrupted. ——DIXES —Preceding undated comment added 17:14, 16 August 2010 (UTC).
- I'll check this out though it sounds highly unlikely to be something to do with switching as I tested this to death with multiple bootmii folders with differnt configs, and it simply renames the directory - it doesn't do anything with the executables. I'll give this some testing and let you know if I find anything. Thanks Pembo 22:05, 24 August 2010 (UTC)
Instantaneous changing of language/skin as you cycle through the options. (expected v2.3)Done in v2.3 Pembo 22:55, 30 July 2009 (UTC) Automatic UpdateDone in v2.4 19:11, 9 August 2009 (UTC)
- Add some sounds (E.g. when a dialog pops up)
- Update of INI file rather than re-write.
- Graphical Library (using wiimote/pointer)
- Restore default options--Wilsoff 02:02, 8 July 2009 (UTC)
- Copy necessary bootmi files and config files from one SD card to another. I set up bootmii with one SD card, and I'd quite like to have my other SD also start BootMii on startup--Wilsoff 02:02, 8 July 2009 (UTC)
- a graphic user interface suggestion: bootmiice-eli.zip --Elisherer 15:08, 8 July 2009 (UTC)
- thanks - will take a look :) Pembo 20:32, 8 July 2009 (UTC)
- Ability to auto launch a .dol/.elf so I can autoboot into GeckoOS --Wii_Manic 20:07, 28 July 2009 (UTC)
When checking for new versions at start, if you don't have your Wii hooked up to the internet you have to a while (have a quicker check, so you can get to the program). -TPAINROXX/BKW 23:16, 28 July 2009 (UTC)Can disable check in v2.4 Pembo 19:11, 9 August 2009 (UTC)
- Add a menu item called settings, or say somewhere to press home for settings--Wilsoff 07:33, 15 August 2009 (UTC)
- Check for SD card lock, currently if the lock is on it still says saved successfully, but it hasn't--Wilsoff 07:33, 15 August 2009 (UTC)
- None currently reported