- 1 BootMiiOut
- 2 Support for GameCube Controllers
- 3 No more Bootmii?
- 4 BootMii and System Menu 4.0
- 5 Preloader on Steroids?
- 6 BootMii beta 1 ReadMe
- 7 Feature request: Way to start BootMii with boot2-install version
- 8 BootMii IOS installation and DVDx
- 9 MINI
- 10 Stupid question: Will BootMii be able to use a sd card as nand?
- 11 SD Card Compatibility List
- 12 another stupid question: Is HBC Needed?
What did the Google Beta's version of BootMii, from April 1, do exactly? I know it was supposed to be a joke, but I never tested it. There were many "jokes" going around that had bad consequences. - Twil —Preceding unsigned comment added by Seandgibbonsy (talk • contribs) 02:05, 3 April 2009
- Dunno, never tried it, had nothing to do with it. --Bushing 12:23, 19 April 2009 (UTC)
Support for GameCube Controllers
I do not know if it has already been thought of, but I would love if the BootMii menu would support Gamecube controllers. I play most of my games and run most homebrew with Gamecube controllers, since I don't like having to change batteries in my Wiimotes all the time, and I hate having to use Wiimotes to start my Wii. If the BootMii menu had support for Gamecube Controllers, this would not be an issue. Mekuso —Preceding unsigned comment added by Mekuso (talk • contribs) 07:34, 19 April 2009
- Your wish is our command. (Actually, it's almost technically impossible to use the WIimotes at such a low level, so we are supporting GC pads out of necessity.) --Bushing 12:23, 19 April 2009 (UTC)
- Does this mean that people that don't have a gamecube controller can't control the bootmii menu? If so, would it be possible to use the reset button on the wii to scroll through the menu and the power button to select something?Boredom 16:58, 13 May 2009 (UTC)
No more Bootmii?
According to some random failblog on the interwebz Bushing has recently left the "scene", and the source code for Bootmii has been deleted. This obviously can't be true, but since I tend to believe random crap, I'll ask anyway ('coz I'm a crackmonkey): Can anyone confirm this? --Recklessness 11:51, 21 April 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah, really funny.
- I don't think the WiiBrew mods intended this place to become one big "disregard-that-i-suck-c*cks" fest.
- There's been enough going on lately, comex doesn't talk to anyone, marcan has left, the GIT page on hackmii.org is indeed empty, you name it.--Recklessness 12:16, 21 April 2009 (UTC)
- never mind Bushing, i should have watched the post dates. sorry. --Recklessness 12:43, 21 April 2009 (UTC)
- Pardon my humor. It's true that there's enough bullshit spreaded about this "wii scene". While some things are funny, its just sad that so many ppl believe obviously made up things. It's just a little annoying to hear such questions as yours over and over again, I didn't mean to offend you (should have skipped the crackmonkey part, heh) :) dhewg 16:05, 21 April 2009 (UTC)
BootMii and System Menu 4.0
This is probably a stupid question, but I'll ask it anyway. Will BootMii work on a Wii running System Menu 4.0 (With or without fakesigning bug)? SherlockHolmeboy 09:55, 23 April 2009 (UTC)
- I think we can all apreciate the irony of me posting this, but have according to this page at the hackmii site where all that kind of information is normally disclosed, yes it will most likely work.--Recklessness 10:05, 23 April 2009 (UTC)
- I appreciate learning. :) Yes, it will work on a Wii running System Menu 4.0. We've taken some time to consolidate installers for BootMii, HBC and DVDX, so we can reuse the same exploits for all three. -- Bushing 12:22, 23 April 2009 (UTC)
Preloader on Steroids?
Sorry to criticize, well not exactly criticize because I think you guys make great stuff but call it what you will, but isn't BootMii (aside from it replacing boot2 instead of the SystemMenu which I understand is safer and more efficient) redundantly similar to preloader? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Ienjoytaffy (talk • contribs) 20:04, 28 April 2009 (UTC)
- read this from hackmii: http://hackmii.com/2009/02/bootmii-and-the-new-boot1/ —Preceding unsigned comment added by Tech3475 (talk • contribs) 10:37, 9 May 2009 (UTC)
- We started working on BootMii before Preloader was written. -- Bushing 20:49, 13 May 2009 (UTC)
BootMii beta 1 ReadMe
What "P.S. ios cat iz in ur wiiz watchin ur isoz" (the end line of the readme) means ? -- Sca.nab 17:48, 14 May 2009 (UTC)
- Refer to http://www.lolcats.com/ Elisherer 11:07, 15 May 2009 (UTC)
- So it's just a joke, isn't it ? -- Sca.nab 12:32, 15 May 2009 (UTC)
Feature request: Way to start BootMii with boot2-install version
If BootMii is installed as boot2, it can't be started from the HBC, only at bootup. I haven't tested this mayself, please correct me if i'm wrong. Is there a way to make it possible to launch it the same way as the IOS installation(from HBC)? --WiiPower 18:39, 14 May 2009 (UTC)
- Just install bootmii as boot2 and ios. Link33 19:17, 14 May 2009 (UTC)
- Sorry, not a solution to me. This blocks the use of PatchMii that is installed as IOS254. Or imagine, nintendo releases a IOS254 blocker in the form of something that requires that IOS or it refuses to work. --WiiPower 19:35, 14 May 2009 (UTC)
BootMii IOS installation and DVDx
Since the BootMii IOS installs as IOS254, it kills the DVDx PatchMii installation. Is there a way to use BootMii IOS and the new DVDx in combination with drivechips? It's possible to do a workaround with a PatchMii that installs somewhere else and then install the old DVDx to that IOS, but that's not a nice solution. --WiiPower 18:39, 14 May 2009 (UTC)
Wy MINI and not Linux ? -- Sca.nab 11:58, 15 May 2009 (UTC)
- What do you mean? I don't understand what you mean.
- If I understand correctly, MINI is aminimal OS launched in place of the official WII OS. Maybe I did not understand ... As I understand it, why not have used a minimal distribution of Linux? -- Sca.nab 14:18, 15 May 2009 (UTC)
Stupid question: Will BootMii be able to use a sd card as nand?
Is it possible for BootMii to trick the Wii to think that the inserted sd card(or a special partition on it) is the nand? Where are the drivers for nand access?
SD Card Compatibility List
another stupid question: Is HBC Needed?
do I need to install the HBC on my wii to run HBC through Bootmii boot2?
- Maybe you can extract the executable from the HBC with wadunpacker and run it from the BootMii menu. One of the .app files should be the boot.dol/elf. It's possible you are able to run the HBC without installation this way, but autoboot is not possible for that for now. --WiiPower 17:41, 16 May 2009 (UTC)