It's possible to trap yourself in another region setting
A user on DCEMU used the Twilight Hack to directly load this tool with no HBC installed. He assumed that the changes were volatile and would revert after a power cycle. He then changed his region to Japan and is now stuck with a "Japanese" Wii. At last report he was purchasing a Japanese copy of Zelda:TP to reverse the change. I laughed a little at his misfortune but thought some mention should be made that the changes are "permanent"
- This is a wiki, please add any precautionary statements you think are necessary. That said, I actually went through and added some because of this :/ --Tona 13:26, 25 August 2008 (UTC)
GameCube Memory Manager region flag?
Do we know yet which flag controls the region of GameCube memory cards that the Wii can read? It's a real pain in the ass having to change the system region just to copy/delete a couple of saves. Still hoping we can find a universal setting that will read cards from all regions.
error getting settings! 0,0,0,0, -24578
i'm having error when running Any region changer on japan set as follow:
error getting settings! 0,0,0,0, -24578
is there any step doing wrong?
- That error means the Region changer didn't find the "IPL.EULA" setting in your SYSCONF file. This probably means you haven't ever looked at the EULA on that Wii. Currently, the sysconf lib only supports editing existing settings, because there's adding settings is kind of risky in my opinion. To get around that, you'll have to go into the System Menu, Settings, Internet, User Agreements, and accept the EULA. Actually, the region changer will probably work if you hit "I do not accept," too. --Tona 21:50, 21 August 2008 (UTC)
-24578 errors, pre 1.1
I got anothe error message: error getting settings! 0, 0, -24578, -24578, 1
How can I fix this?
I am using Janpanese set with Homebrew beta 8.
- Please use version 1.1, it should fix this issue --Tona 22:18, 24 August 2008 (UTC)
Yes, it has been fixed.
the 1.1 version can run. But, the fist time, the install US version was failed and my set was semi-brick. And then, I use this tool to change to Jap version and it works well. Then, I change to US version and install again. Finally, my set was changed to US version.
Anyway, it works well now.
thank you, Tona!
Jap Wii English Language?
Is it possible to use this to get my Japanese Modded wii to display the system menu in English? I realy want to keep the region as Japanese due to my mod chip...
- As long as you keep "Game Region" on Japan, you should have no problems with your modchip. --Tona 22:19, 24 August 2008 (UTC)
AnyRegion Changer vs. Duplicate Channel Remover
I used v1.1 to change my system menu to 3.2U from 3.2J, and set all settings to USA (except Game Region). After reboot I updated my Wii to 3.3U then downgrade it to 3.2U. Now I got a pair of extra News / Weather Channel that don't work (when I click it, it says "Can't use this channel"). Can I use Duplicate Channel Remover to get rid of those two? If I can, what region of Duplicate Channel Remover should I use? JAP (since the newly-added channels are from US update) or US (since the system menu is US now)? Thanks! Jim.Liu 07:42, 26 August 2008 (UTC)
- I have no idea what setting the "Duplicate channel remover" uses to decide which titles to delete. However, if your Game Region is still JPN, you can use the AnyTitle Deleter to remove titles 10002-HAGE and 10002-HAFE (Which should be the ones which do not boot--US titles). --Tona 12:04, 26 August 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks for the speedy reply (and thanks for the great programe!) I figured out that the English Forecast / News Channel (those two installed with an official update) and the Wii Fit Channel (which is installed by NTSC-U Wii Fit) can only be used when Game Region Setting is set to USA, while the Japanese Forecast / News Channel (which is exact the same thing as the English one, except for the title) can only be used when Game Region is set to Japan. However, with Game Region set to USA, none of my games (NTSC-U and NTSC-J, originals and backups) work. Perhaps this is due to the modchip (D2CPro) not supporting USA Game Region? If so, is there any way (settings or other applications) that can make the games and channels both work? Thanks!
- Jim.Liu 16:37, 26 August 2008 (UTC)
What do I have to do to access to the Japanese Nintendo Channel. I set the GAME setting to Japan, the IPL.SADR country setting to Japan and the EULA to read. I downloaded the Japanese Nintendo Channel and when I start it, it says that Wiiconnect24 is unavalaible after trying to connecting. I reset all my setting to USA and used the American Nintendo Channel and it worked. By the way, someone found a way to make the tv channel to work with the tv in america (not the guide but just the tv control)? --Whibo 14:00, 26 August 2008 (UTC)
- You probably need to turn on both WiiConnect24 options. --Tona 15:26, 26 August 2008 (UTC)
- That isn't a problem reliated to my WiiConnect24 options. Maybe have I to change my firmware to the Japanese firmware. My NTSC-U firmware access easily to my NTSC-U Nintendo Channel but my NTSC-U firmware with all the settings to Japan except AREA Setting cannot access to The NTSC-J Nintendo Channel but can access to the Japanese wii shop channel and tv channel so I think I have to set my AREA setting to Japan (And my firmware to don't brick my Wii) to access to the Nintendo Channel. I tried to to the same with the European Nintendo channel and it worked but it don't works with the Japanese one. --Whibo 9:00, 27 August 2008 (UTC)
News channel mess up
So I think I messed up my news channel, while it's unimportant really. I'd love to know if I can get it back to normal.. I had set my Wii shop to Japan and decided to see what would happen if I went to the weather or news channel, it went like this.. weather wouldn't work at all, it told me "English is unsupported" and the news channel worked.. but made me select Japanese for langwhich. When I changed the shop back to UK, the news channel no longer works, I just get wiiconnect 24 errors. So.. oops? What do you think has made this happen.. is there a way to reinstall those channels?
Error is 117404. Other connect 24 things work okay.