Talk:Accessing Wii Shop Channel From PC
Works for me.
Reason the first page appears blank?
The URLs to shop are probably wrong written. there is "(R)" character, where I think should be "®" string. Can you confirm that? Apparently, the page shouws only "????" to me, in either way. Firefox 22.214.171.124
- That's because "®" is code for the (R) character. 126.96.36.199 12:13, 17 February 2008 (PST)
- B_05.jsp details page
- B_06.jpg more details page
- B_06_1.jpg content frame for more details page
List of titleId's for VC Releases (North America)
|GEN||Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine||000100014D414345|
|GEN||Ecco The Dolphin||000100014D414445|
|GEN||Sonic The Hedgehog||000100014D414845|
|GEN||Space Harrier II||000100014D414945|
|GEN||ToeJam & Earl||000100014D414A45|
|N64||Super Mario 64||000100014E414145|
|N64||Mario Kart 64||000100014E414245|
|NES||Donkey Kong Jr.||0001000146414245|
|NES||Super Mario Bros.||0001000146414745|
|NES||The Legend of Zelda||0001000146414B45|
|SNES||R-Type III: The Third Lightning||000100014A414845|
|SNES||Street Fighter II: The World Warrior||000100014A414A45|
|SNES||Super Castlevania IV||000100014A414945|
|SNES||The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past||000100014A414445|
|SNES||Contra III: The Alien Wars||000100014A414C45|
|SNES||Super Mario World||000100014A414145|
|TG16||Super Star Soldier||0001000150414545|
So far I haven't been able to find Moto Roader anywhere. Its the only one I'm missing. Anyone have the titleId for this?
Does it work for other browsers?
I know that there's a way to change your browser agent in other browsers; for example, Internet Explorer 6 can, by editing your registry settings somewhere (I forget the specifics but I did it once on IE). Is it possible to use any browser with a modified user agent to access the Wii Shop Channel, or does it ONLY work properly with Firefox? --Anonymous 21:46, 12 March 2007 (PDT)
- Any can be used, as far as I know, just Firefox is the easiest to change the user agent string in. 188.8.131.52 12:13, 17 February 2008 (PST)
- Opera is actually one of the easiest, there's a setting right in the program options dialog. In addition, the Wii actually uses the Opera rendering engine so you'd get the best compatibility from it. --184.108.40.206 21:50, 14 May 2008 (PDT)
- Tried to change the user agent of IE7 but that (looks like it) can't be changed Zenuka 01:03, 15 May 2008 (PDT)
Title only shows "F-02"
Has there been a change in the Wii Shop Channel? I used to be able to view it in Firefox, but now I receive a page with 2 dotted lines across it, and in the title it says "F-02". Would the F be Firefox, and have they added detection?
- No, probably stands for "forward". View the source of the page, and you'll see why. Bushing 03:54, 20 February 2008 (PST)
- Same problem, no idea how to fix it.
I too have only been able to see the two dotted lines, anybody figure out whats wrong yet?
Use "htpps://" instead of just "http://", that fixed it for me.
What can we do with downloaded files? I have heard they are encrypted for each consoles.