Space Shooter is an original 2D space shooting game. It's simple, just shoot anything that moves or shoots back. The objective is to destroy all enemies on the six levels.
|Downloadable via the Homebrew Browser|
|This homebrew application currently contains a currently invalidated download link. It was either not caught in the web archive or on a forum that required registration to download files; which the Wayback Machine cannot index.|
IF YOU HAVE A COPY OF THIS APPLICATION, WIIBREW WOULD BE GRATEFUL IF A FRESH DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THIS APPLICATION CAN BE SERVED.
Controls can be changed in the Menu.
|In Game Menu|
There is an easter egg if you beat all six levels.
To recompile there is a batch file that must be run in the data directory to convert the .bmp to .h files.
- Notable items
- See BibLib/BibSound2.cpp and BibLib/BibMp3.cpp for a simple background mp3 + sound effects mixer
- See BibLib/BibWiiInputDevice.cpp for a nice wrapper on the Wii Remote, Nunchuk, GC Controller functions
- See BibLib/BibFrameRate.cpp for a way to get the timing required for sprite animation and Frames-Per-Second calculations.
- See also: PaceMaker Productions (code.google.com)
- Current version is 0.3
- Now compatible with HBC Beta 9, HBC 1.0 and beyond. The binary included is a .dol not a .elf.
Changes for Version 0.3 release:
- Sped up viewport scrolling (no lagging in the viewport, but now it's jittery)
- Change the way weapon systems work (cumulative, not individual)
- Initialize random seed for different powerups each time.
- Restructure internal code to detect and interface with controllers.
- Added code to allow multiple control options (Pad, Tilt Pad, Nunchuk, Gamecube).
- Menu is always accessible via Wii Remote Home button.
- Big Bombs now shoot backwards.
- Added two levels and made "The Horde" level a bit easier.
- Improved BibSound code substantially, it's now double buffered
- Fixed bug where some sounds were accidently repeated
- Added mp3 background playing to BibSound code.