Jump to navigation Jump to search
A Sega Master System/Game Gear Emulator for the Wii.
- Creator: Eke-eke
- Accessories needed: GameCube controller, SD Card
- Best PAL mode: ?
- Button to return to loader: N/A
- Loaders useable: Twilight Hack, Geckoloader, Front SD ELF Loader
- Installation for Zelda Chainloader: Install as usual
- Software type: Emulation
- Supports Zip compressed rom images.
- Place the smsplus_wii.elf file on your SD Card (rename to boot.elf if you want it to load it directly, or use your favourite elf loader).
- Create the directory /smsplus at the root of your SD Card.
- Create the directory /smsplus/roms on your SD Card and copy your ROM files there.
- Please note that you cannot currently save your progress onto the front SD Card slot.
- Insert your SD Card into the Wii and run SMSPlus using your chosen method (Twilight Hack).
- Select Load New Game from the Main Menu to load a ROM.
- Select Play Game from the Main Menu to begin playing the game.
- Z: Return to SMSPlus' menu
- A: Button 1
- B: Button 2
- L+R (In Game): Restart Game
- Start: Pause
[SMS, GG] - fixed VDP init when loading savestate: fix graphics in games using TMS9918 mode - added port $3E emulation and full SMS BIOS support (see user notes) - implemented SMS1 VDP "tilemap mirroring" bug: fix Y's (J) status bar when running in SMS1 mode - updated Z80 core to last version (fix some undocumented behaviour): fix Rambo 3 "Game Over" screen & Robocop 3 "pause" bug - corrected PAL CPU clock value - modified FM Unit detection: fix FM music in many japanese games - added full overscan emulation: when enabled, aspect ratio is exactly like on original hardware, including borders (horizontal borders are generally completely hidden under TV edges) - corrected Game Gear VDP handlers in SMS mode: fix colors in GG-MS mode - improved Codemasters Mapper emulation: fix Excellent Dizzy Collection & Ernie Els Golf - added Korean Mapper emulation: fix Sangokushi III & Dodgeball King - adjusted SMS color palette values (compared side by side with a real PAL SMS 2) - fixed Hcounter table (thanks to FluBBa)
[NGC/Wii] - added support for original video mode (240p/288p): this makes games looking exactly like on original hardware (including scanlines) - added "Aspect" option to switch between Original (correct aspect ratio with borders) and Fit Screen (full screen) display modes - added "Xshift" & "Yshift" settings to let you adjust display area while keeping the original aspect ratio - added "Border" option to enable/disable borders color emulation - added "Palette" option to let you choose the Brightness level: RVB (darkest), Normal , Bright - added Wii mode support (including front SD rom loading with LFN, TP reload, ...) - added EURGB60 & PAL 50hz TV modes support - added 480p (progressive) rendering mode support in Wii mode (not supported by the PAL60 version, use the other one !)