|Downloadable via the Homebrew Browser|
This emulator is a port to Wii of QUASI88, NEC PC-8801 emulator, programmed by Fukunaga. The policy of this port is the minimum change. You must not ask Fukunaga about this Wii version.
original (no including wii) QUASI88 site (only in Japanese): http://www.117.ne.jp/~show/pc8801/pc88emu.html
-USB-mouse & USB-keyboard -snapshot (bmp or others) -state save & load
- USB-keyboard (may be able to execute all solo-play games without USB-Keyboard by editing /quasi88/rc/quasi88.cfg)
How to set up
1) Copy the contens in the SD_root to your SD or SDHC card.
2) Copy system roms files to /quasi88/rom directory.
3) Copy game roms files to /quasi88/disk directory.
The details of the systems roms are announced the following site (but only in Japanese) http://www.117.ne.jp/~show/pc8801/quasi88/rom.html
The psedo BIOS is available on the following site (in Japanese): http://www.retropc.net/cisc/m88/download.html However, the QUASI88 with psedo BIOS can execute the games without using N88-BASIC.
How to use
When you press wiimote plus button, you can see the menu. (menu off by pressing wiimote minus button)
Select the DISK tab, set a game disk file, and push the OK.
Next, select the reset tab, and push the rest.
Vertical wiimote (when pointing monitor)
|Aim (=mouse move)|
|Menu on (=F12 key)|
|Menu off (=Escape key)|
|Select menu item (=mouse left button)|
|(=mouse right button)|
Horizontal wiimote [default]
You can configurate the allocations from keyboard keys to wiimote buttons by editing /quasi88/rc/quasi88.cfg file (no user interface). If you want to change the allocations, change the numbers of wpad_button_? (?=a, b, plus, minus, 1, 2, right, left, down, and up) according to the numbers in key_numnerlist.txt file.
Brief Change Log
- Oct. 9, 2009, ver. 0.6.3 alpha4
- Adjust recent libralies
- Support play by wiiremote
- Save configurations
- April 21, 2009, ver. 0.6.3 alpha3
- Manipulate the menu by wiimote
- April 6, 2009, ver. 0.6.3 alpha2
- Sound support
- April 3, 2009, ver. 0.6.3 alpha1
- Initial release
- Original developer of QUASI88
- Many developers of the libraries and systems tools such as libogc, SDL-wii, etc..