First of all I want to thank 'zouzzz zzzuoz', AlexLH, GizmoTheGreen and SquidMan.
SINCE THIS TOOL CHANGES THE WAY THE WII WORKS IN A WAY IT WAS NEVER INTENDED TO, THERE IS A RISK OF BRICKING YOUR CONSOLE.
I'VE DONE EVERYTHING I CAN TO ASSURE THAT NOTHING WILL BRICK. BUT THIS IS STILL NO GUARANTEE!! THE AUTHOR CAN NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE IT MIGHT CAUSE! YOU ACCEPT THAT YOU INSTALL THIS ON YOUR OWN RISK!
- rewrote the hacks parser, it's more solid now and detects syntax errors much better
- added a new font
- optimised menu layout
- you can now add unlimited offsets/value in one hack entry
- added beta version related code
- added a setting which allows to always turn you wii off even when standby is enabled
- fixed that when shut down from the systemmenu the wii always got powered down instead of using the set shutdownmode.
- fixed a bug which would prevented to update to a non beta update during beta tests
- fixed a bug in the systemmenu hacks scrolling code
- added a setting to stop the disc when autoboot is disabled
- added a setting to return to preloader when wii titles are using the switch off state
- added a setting to show beta updates
- added a setting to disable lighting the drive slot on error
- added one message to make the online update not look frozen
- errors when parsing the hacks.ini now show the line
- preloader now regards the shutdownmode (OFF/Standby)
- fixed that under certain circumstances hacks from another version were applied
- fixed a setting related bug
- added elf-loading (able to load white-linux!)
- added an option to load preloader or the systemmenu when the return-to state is used.
- made the systemmenu-hacklist scrollable allowing an unlimited amount of hacks
- rewrote the installer
- some interface improvements
- fixed the online update
- fixed return to systemmenu, which loaded preloader instead
- fixed shutting down from systemmenu, which loaded preloader instead
- fixed a bug in the "Install/Load File" menu that allowed to move out of the list
- fixed systemmenu loading for all systemmenu versions
- fixed the stuck-systemmenuhack-option bug
- fixed the bug that when a nunchuck was connected the systemmenu wouldn't load
- fixed a bug which caused the wii to freeze when power was pressed
- fixed a bug where only the first wiimote was powered down when the wii got turned off
Preloader 'replaces' the systemmenu (it's not really replaced, its main.dol is just renamed) with a simple loader which allows you to automatically load the HBC, a .dol/.elf you can install from SD or the systemmenu. To overwrite the autobooting simply hold RESET on bootup. It also allows you to use simple patches on the systemmenu. Modifying the installer can lead to a brick. *cough* comex *cough*
Simply place the supplied hacks.ini in the root of the SD and enter the settings and then the hack settings to select the once you want to use. Once save settings is selected the hacks.ini is copied to the NAND and it's no longer necessary to keep the file on the SD card. The format is very simple and should not require any explanation.
The simpliest and safest way to uninstall preloader is to reinstall the Systemmenu using AnyRegionChanger(see wiibrew.org) or a wad installer.
(in random order) there are way to many people to greet and before I forget some I just don't list any :P
devkitPro Team Twiizers
- todXXX the sanctuary!
- wiidev (both of them!)