A Port of the rail shooter OpenTyrian to Wii.
- Full Wiimote+Nunchuk support, partial GC Pad and Classic Controller support. Keyboard support is untested.
- 2 Player Arcade action (use two Wiimotes).
- Full input choice (you can use any Wiimote or any GC pad, no matter the sync or port, as well as the Wiimote IR (which I don't like) and the keyboard).
|Move through the Menu|
|Select menu item|
|Exit (back to loader)|
Keyboard status is unknown.
Working on custom button assignments.
|Change rear fire mode/fire L+R sidekicks|
|Fire left sidekick*|
|Fire right sidekick*|
|In level menu|
This is a Wii adaptation of TYRIAN, the game edited by Eclipse and published by Epic MegaGames.The original game was programmed by Jason Emery, illustrated by Daniel Cook, and its music composed by Alexander Brandon and Andreas Molnar.
This port is based on OpenTyrian project code, maintained by mindless2112, syntaxglitch,emacs.hacker, yuriks.br.
This README file was based on the README found on Nuvalo's old one.
This port is separate from Nuvalo's port, and has now replaced it (as you can see). It is fully functional and much more stable than the Wii-Linux version.
This is not the version featured in the Homebrew Showcase linked on the main page (unfortunately). But trust me, it is better, and easier to use.
Tyrian is an arcade-style vertical scrolling shooter. The player controls a space ship fitted with different weapons and enhanced energy shields. Money is earned by destroying enemies and grabbing bonuses, which is then used to purchase upgrades such as weapons, shields, energy generators, and different ships from interlevel menus. The game is fast paced and presents a variety of enemies and bosses.
- Download the two packages on Google Code (you only need the tyrianFiles zip once. Those won't be updated)
- Unzip them directly to the root of your SD card (will work on putting the cfg and sav files in the tyrian folder)
- Run using HBC (you can run it with something else, but HBC is the standard now)
- Alternating A and B too quickly in the Game Menu can cause an exception.
- Network status unknown.
- Gamepad/keyboard statuses unknown.
- Classic controller buttons don't work (joystick does). It requires the use of the Wiimote buttons.
- GC pad joystick does not work (buttons do).
- Selectin "Exit" in the main menu causes an exception (should be an easy fix).
If you know of or find anything else, or you think of an improvement you'd like to suggest, please post it on my Google Code issues page.
- Add popup keyboard for Wiimote use.
1.0 - 25 May 2009
- Initial release.
- Supports game saves natively.
- Full audio support (music synthesized at 32khz, sfx resampled to 33075).
- Wiimote/Nunchuk support through SDL Wii's joystick functionality.
- mindless2112, syntaxglitch, emacs.hacker, yuriks.br and all the people behind the OpenTyrian project.
- Tantric, SquidMan, everyone else who worked on SDL Wii for finishing the port, including SDL_Net, as well as general support and troubleshooting.
- yuriks and mindless2112 of the OpenTyrian project for helping me track down the memory bugs.