A Port of the rail shooter OpenTyrian to Wii.
This is a Wii adaptation of TYRIAN, the game edited by Eclipse and published by Epic MegaGames.The original game was programmed by Jason Emery, illustrated by Daniel Cook, and its music composed by Alexander Brandon and Andreas Molnar.
This port is based on OpenTyrian project code, maintained by mindless2112, syntaxglitch,emacs.hacker, yuriks.br.
This README file was based on the README found on Nuvalo's old one.
This port is separate from Nuvalo's port, and has now replaced it (as you can see). It is fully functional and much more stable than the Wii-Linux version.
This is not the version featured in the Homebrew Showcase linked on the main page (unfortunately). But trust me, it is better, and easier to use.
Tyrian is an arcade-style vertical scrolling shooter. The player controls a space ship fitted with different weapons and enhanced energy shields. Money is earned by destroying enemies and grabbing bonuses, which is then used to purchase upgrades such as weapons, shields, energy generators, and different ships from interlevel menus. The game is fast paced and presents a variety of enemies and bosses.
This port is still in the beta stage, and is only open if you build the executable yourself.
To play with this game, you need a homebrew enabled Wii console (Twilight hack or Homebrew Channel). And you will an SDCard.
Instructions for building located on project's Google Code site.
- Pressing A and B too quickly in the Game Menu can cause an exception.
- Network status unknown.
- Gamepad/keyboard statuses unknown.
- Add popup keyboard for Wiimote use.
- mindless2112, syntaxglitch,emacs.hacker, yuriks.br and all the people behind the OpenTyrian project.
- Tantric for finishing the SDL port, including SDL_Net, as well as general support and troubleshooting (more as someone to bounce ideas off of).
- yuriks and mindless2112 of the OpenTyrian project for helping me track down the memory bugs.