Difference between revisions of "OpenTyrianWii"
|Line 27:||Line 27:|
== Controls ==
== Controls ==
GC in the for yet . the .
=== In Menu ===
=== In Menu ===
Revision as of 06:58, 29 May 2009
|Downloadable via the Homebrew Browser|
A Port of the rail shooter OpenTyrian to Wii.
- Full Wiimote+Nunchuk, Classic Controller, and USB Keyboard support, partial GC Pad support.
- Wiimote horizontal capable.
- 2 Player Arcade action.
- Full input choice (you can use any Wiimote, classic controller or GC pad, no matter the sync, as well as the keyboard).
- SD and SDHC support from the front SD slot (HBC v1.0.1 and below guaranteed. HBC v1.0.2 status not yet known).
Joystick configuration saving has been temporarily disabled until I can figure out what's corrupting the cfg. That means GC pads are fully in the mix (except for the joysticks. I haven't figured out yet how to enable them). Based on user input, I will either distribute 1 config file that holds two wiimotes rigged for horizontal gameplay and two for the nunchuck combination, or I will release two, one for each gameplay method with all four wiimotes rigged for that method.
|OR /||/||Template:KeyboardUp/Template:KeyboardDown||Move through the Menu|
|Template:KeyboardEnter||Select menu item|
These are defaults only. For custom, use the in-game joystick config.
|Template:KeyboardEnter||Change rear fire mode|
|Left Template:KeyboardCtrl||Fire left sidekick|
|Left Template:KeyboardAlt||Fire right sidekick|
|Template:KeyboardEsc||In level menu|
Custom Button Assignments
Here's a list of controller button numbers for your customization pleasure.
|Button||Button Number||Wiimote or Classic|
In order to make a reassignment, in the Joystick menu, using the "RETURN" button, select the function you wish to reassign, press the button that is assigned for that controller/expansion, then select the function again and press the button you wish to use. Defaults currently set the Wiimote+Nunchuck combo and the Classic Controller at the same time (I think the defaults are pretty intuitive, though :)).
This is a Wii adaptation of TYRIAN, the game edited by Eclipse and published by Epic MegaGames.The original game was programmed by Jason Emery, illustrated by Daniel Cook, and its music composed by Alexander Brandon and Andreas Molnar.
This port is based on OpenTyrian project code, maintained by mindless2112, syntaxglitch,emacs.hacker, yuriks.br.
This README file was based on the README found on Nuvalo's old one.
This port is separate from Nuvalo's port, and has now replaced it (as you can see). It is fully functional and much more stable than the Wii-Linux version.
This is not the version featured in the Homebrew Showcase linked on the main page (unfortunately). But trust me, it is better, and easier to use.
Tyrian is an arcade-style vertical scrolling shooter. The player controls a space ship fitted with different weapons and enhanced energy shields. Money is earned by destroying enemies and grabbing bonuses, which is then used to purchase upgrades such as weapons, shields, energy generators, and different ships from interlevel menus. The game is fast paced and presents a variety of enemies and bosses.
- Download the two packages on Google Code (you only need the tyrianFiles zip once. Those won't be updated)
- Unzip them directly to the root of your SD card (will work on putting the cfg and sav files in the tyrian folder)
- Run using HBC (you can run it with something else, but HBC is the standard now). Installing Homebrew Channel
- Network status unknown.
- GC pad joystick does not work (buttons do).
- In Save menu, when using the keyboard, cannot type save names, Enter does not "RETURN" and confirm the save. Use Wiimote A button or Classic Controller b button (defaults).
If you know of or find anything else, or you think of an improvement you'd like to suggest, please post it on my Google Code issues page.
- Add popup keyboard for Wiimote use.
1.1.1 - 26 May 2009
- All DPads are now functional. Wiimote DPad is configured for horizontal gameplay, CC and GC DPads are configured traditionally. However, the CC DPad left seems to act as an escape key. Fix to come later.
1.1.0 - 26 May 2009
- Fixed sound bug from exit exception fix.
- Fixed joystick configuration. Wiimote+nunchuk and Classic Controller are now fully configurable!!! Details in Controls.
- Disabled mouse support (until SDL Wii is fixed with a solution for Wiimote dual functioning as mouse and joystick).
- All userdata moved to tyrian/userdata. For those with versions earlier than 1.1.0, just move your tyrian.cfg and tyrian.sav files to tyrian/userdata. The next time you exit, joystick.cfg will show up there as well.
- Button crashes are not confirmed to be fixed, but so far, I have not had any problems since I disabled the mouse functionality.
- Whatever you do, do not use the GameCube pad yet. It will override (for some reason) the wiimote functionality, and as the GC pad joystick is not functioning yet, you can't navigate or change anything. I will work on a fix for this later.
1.0.1 - 25 May 2009
- Fixed exception screen on title menu exit selection.
1.0 - 25 May 2009
- Initial release.
- Supports game saves natively.
- Full audio support (music synthesized at 32khz, sfx resampled to 33075). Sfx will pop, music by itself will not.
- Wiimote/Nunchuk support through SDL Wii's joystick functionality.
- mindless2112, syntaxglitch, emacs.hacker, yuriks.br and all the people behind the OpenTyrian project.
- Tantric, SquidMan, everyone else who worked on SDL Wii for finishing the port, including SDL_Net, as well as general support and troubleshooting.
- yuriks and mindless2112 of the OpenTyrian project for helping me track down the memory bugs.