|[Media:OpenBOR 3.0 Build 2647.zip Download]|
|Downloadable via the Homebrew Browser|
This is an official port of the OpenBOR (aka Beats of Rage) beat em up game engine to the Wii by SX and Plombo.
- Download the latest Wii release from the Engine Center board at LavaLit.com or from the download link in the information box. (Hassle-free registration is required to download from LavaLit.) Extract the OpenBOR or WII/OpenBOR folder in the archive to the apps folder on your SD card, so that the executable and the folders that go with it are under sd:/apps/OpenBOR.
- Download mods from LavaLit and put the .PAK files in the Paks folder. Note that widescreen mods do not yet work in the Wii version. Some of the most popular Wii-compatible mods are the original Beats of Rage by Senile Team, Beats of Rage Remix 2: Rhythm of Destruction by Mr. Q and Kingherb, A Tale of Vengeance by AlexDC22, and Dragons of Rage by Kingherb.
- Launch OpenBOR from the Homebrew Channel, select a mod, and play!
(for certain menus)
Rhythm of Destruction Blue Edition - title screen
A Tale of Vengeance - title screen
- You might need to set "Window Offset" in the Video Options menu to see the health bar for some mods on some TVs.
- The mod called Crime Buster causes code dumps, probably caused by OpenBOR's use of SDL_gfx.
- The POWER and RESET buttons don't work yet; you must exit through the main menu. This will be fixed in the next release.
- Widescreen mods are not supported yet.
- Resolutions higher than 640x480 are not supported.
A port of OpenBOR 2.0 (the current version is 3.0) was created by Kungpow12345 and nuvalo and can be downloaded at http://destinyrevival.sailormoon.cc/node/39 .