Newo Asteroids is a single player game made in the style of classic Asteroids.
|Contributor(s)||Julian Mathonet, @KenneyWings, Mr. Reaper, JoostinOnline|
|Downloadable via the Homebrew Browser|
- 1 Features
- 2 Screen Shots
- 3 Trailer-Gameplay Video
- 4 How to play
- 5 Controller
- 6 Credits
- 7 Tools
- 8 Inspiration & Thanx
- 9 Changelog
- 9.1 Version 3.1 - Jan 2020
- 9.2 Version 3 - Dec 2019
- 9.3 Version 2.98 - May 2018
- 9.4 Version 2.97 - Nov 2015
- 9.5 Version 2.95 - Sept 27, 2015
- 9.6 Version 2.9 - April 16, 2014
- 9.7 Version 2.8 - February 24, 2014
- 9.8 Version 2.6 - October 10, 2013
- 9.9 Version 2.4 - July 27, 2013
- 9.10 Version 2.2 - July 9, 2013
- 9.11 Version 1.5 - November 15, 2012
- 9.12 Version 1 - October 05, 2012
- Use your little ship to destroy asteroids and enemies trying to stop you.
- Large free space environment filled with asteroids.
- Power-ups, custom colours and alternate fire (focused or spread)
- Game modes; Dogfight, Easy, Normal, Hard and Classic. Speed run options: 3, 5 and 10 minutes.
- Online Leaderboard
- 3d graphics in Textured, Flat, Cellshaded and Wireframe mode.
- Customizable controls schemes; wiimote sideways (default), Tank, Wii pointer (with nunchuk), Dual Analog, classic, and gamecube controller support.
- Title screen and Menu Sound effects designed by kenney.nl @kenneywings
- Background music; Matt_Nida and Chad_Crouch
- 3d models by Julian Mathonet
- In Game Story by Mr. Reaper (@tinyvast)
- Auto-Updates when new versions are released
Add your ideas or suggestion by clicking on the 'discussion' tab or here
How to play
Ensure that you try out the 4 different control options and find the one that you can use the best. Most times you have to balance your ability to shoot with your ability to dodge.
The green ring around your ship indicates your "force field" or life bar - if it gets too small you will die and get a GameOver. One button shoots your standard gun and the other button fires the alternate weapon that sends a burst out in all directions. Pressing both buttons together will fire a forward-concentrated burst. The alternate fire modes are limited by the amount of coins you collect. Total coins collected is indicated by a bar at the top right of the screen.
The bar below the coin bar is your heat gauge (top right). If you overheat you will not be able to shoot until you cool down.
It is a game of survival, space rockets and aliens. There is a radar on which you can see your current position, the planet, asteroids and enemies. If you go past the edge of the play field you will warp to the other side.
You can also build a combo if you destroy asteroids quickly and continuously. You have 4 seconds before the combo is broken. There is a meter for this at the top left of the screen. The larger the combo, the more points it will score.
The bottom of the screen shows you how many enemies and asteroids are left, the weapon power-up that you collected and your current score.
All controls work for first player only. Wiimote pointed at the screen and nunchuck is the easiest to use. Gamecube controller with Dual Stick option set to "No" is more fun. On the Classic and GameCube you will be able to use the right analog stick to move the cross hair if Dual Stick is set to YES in the options. Also note that if you switch the camera to a 3d view, the pointer will not work correctly - use the Tank control option if you are in a 3d camera view.
|Options Menu / Accept|
|Quit Game Or Level|
|Not Available||Move Target Cursor|
Inspiration & Thanx
Version 3.1 - Jan 2020
- minor bug fixes, screenshake
Version 3 - Dec 2019
- New and Improved Graphics, effects, explosions, more colour options, 60fps
- New in game story by Mr. Reaper (@tinyvast)
- Balanced difficulty modes and weapons, more enemies on hard mode
- Added a new enemy ship: shielded scout
- Added a new weapon: wave shot (+ acheivements)
- General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience
Version 2.98 - May 2018
- Random colours by default
- Fixed leaderboard
- Added debug menu
- Down sampled all the sound effects
- graphics updates, bug fixes, stability
- Old Video made by [Cid2Mizard]
Version 2.97 - Nov 2015
- bug fixes, stability
Version 2.95 - Sept 27, 2015
- Fixed Enemy A.I. and movement
- Added New Difficulty: Dogfight
- Added 5 new achievements
- Minor Bug fixes and optimizations
Version 2.9 - April 16, 2014
- Adjustments for widescreen tvs
- Bug fixes and optimizations
Version 2.8 - February 24, 2014
- Added loading screen
- Added Auto Update
- Fixed Http bug which caused leaderboard to load slowly
- Leaderboard statistics now has its own website
- Updated engine libraries, fixed animation bugs, updated menus
Version 2.6 - October 10, 2013
- Added space physics
- Added Classic game mode (has maximum space physics and less enemies)
- Fixed D-pad controls, dpad can now be used on p1 wiimote sideways, gamecube or classic.
- Leaderboard now shows scores based on difficulty selected.
- Leaderboard now reloads every time you change the difficulty.
- Fixed rendering issues with disappearing objects.
- Near field radar lines now show asteroids that are close to the ship in order to help find asteroids when there are few.
- Fixed Leaderboard Bugs
- improved graphics
Version 2.4 - July 27, 2013
- fixed bug with leaderboard not submitting scores correctly
- added "speedrun" option for timed speedruns ( 3, 5 and 10 minutes )
- added animated menus
- minor bug fixes
Version 2.2 - July 9, 2013
- Added Online Leaderboards for highscores. Daily, Monthly, Speedruns
- Updated Achievements Interface
- Fixed Death Animation
- Online leaderboards uses wii nickname as playername
- Added Language menu option, Online Data option.
- Makes use of http-parser
- Leaderboard bugfix for 2.2, old version check, auto-disables after 10 failed attempts.
Version 1.5 - November 15, 2012
- Added difficulty new modes; hard and easy. Easy has more asteroids, less enemies and no over heating.
- Added achievements system with 25 achievements/challenges.
- Fixed music loop.
- Fixed player score is visible by default.
- Added a cool new type of radar that is centered around the ship as suggested by Mr. Reaper.
- On screen message when ship overheats + wii cursor turns red.
- Colours, settings and achievements/challenges are saved between games.
- Alternate fire is different if used while the fire button is held down.
- Fixed flickering of power rings at 60fps.
- Fixed The target cursor centering bug. Thanx Mr. Reaper
Version 1 - October 05, 2012
- Initial release - video