MPlayerWii is a native port of the MPlayer media player. It will play almost any kind of audio file but still needs improvement on video playback.
Place video and audio files on the root folder of your SD card.
|Select a File [up]|
|Select a File [down]|
|Play a file|
|Return to Loader|
Or when playing a file:
|Return to File Select|
File formats tested
- Containers: AVI, WMV, MKV, MP3, FLV (Flash Video), MP4, M4V, QuickTime
- Video codecs: Xvid, DivX, Windows Media, MPEG 1/2, H.264
- Audio codecs: MP1/2/3, Windows Media, AAC
It should also work with other formats
Unplug all USB devices before launching MPlayerWii or else it will code dump.
- added svenp's libfat patches (better read speed on SD cards)
- added pause button (A button on the wiimote)
- disabled MPlayer's error/status text during video playback
- file list now displays 20 files instead of 10
- improved audio playback code
- Initial release. Full of bugs, audio sync code is awful and will probably crash often. Also, there's room for lots of speed improvements.
MPlayerWii was ported by rOn (aka fcorbier).