|SDL MAME WII|
|Downloadable via the Homebrew Browser|
SDL MAME Wii is an Arcade Emulator based on SDLMAME. Many games for early arcade boards can be played with varying amounts of success.
How to use
Unzip onto your SD card/USB drive.
The controls are configurable by changing the settings in /mame/cfg/default.cfg file. Below are the default control settings:
|Start (not all games use this)|
|+||+||Back (Exits current game)|
- Lots of ROMs are supported, but not all of them. If you don't see the ROM in the list in the emulator, then support for that ROM isn't included. This is to keep the size of the emulator low enough to run effectively on the Wii. A list of all the ones that are can be found here: http://www.toadking.com/wiimame-0.3.1.txt
- Just because a ROM is supported does not mean it will run. Even games for early boards like CPS-1 can fail to run due to RAM limitations. If the emulator suddenly kicks you out to the Homebrew Channel, look in the MAME folder (sd:/mame/) for a file called errors.txt. If it says something about failing to allocate space, then odds are the ROM can't run on the Wii. The emulator might also crash outright and leave you with a code dump if RAM runs out.
- Only software rendering is supported. This makes playing games without using the frameskipper slow, but the auto-frameskipper feature is enabled by default.
- Stereo audio is disabled.
- The joystick on GameCube controllers can't be used.
- The default UI font is way too small. A custom font is included, called Helvetica LT. (http://mrdo.mameworld.info/mame_artwork_supp.html)
- At The Moment This Cannot be made into a channel Wad Legal or otherwise using standard methods (wad studio, wadder ect as of 3.1 release this has been extensively tested to no avail..).
0.3.1 - November 3, 2009
- Upgraded libfat to 1.0.6, hopefully this fixes the SD card corruption bug
- Added USB support (Start SDL MAME Wii from a USB drive to enable it)
- Fixed "Unexpected option gl_lib queried" error log
- Fixed Nunchuck control mapping
- Switched Buttons 1 and 2 around (by public demand)
- Fixed support for some games (including Donkey Kong and Frogger)
- Moved errors.txt and ui.bdf files into /mame/
0.3 - October 29, 2009
- Added support for many more ROMs
- Fatal errors are now logged in errors.txt
- More default control changes
0.2 - October 27, 2009
- Fixed rom selection bug
- Changes to the layout of the configuration files to make it more like other Wii homebrew