List of homebrew applications (media)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- DragonMedia Player is the most user friendly music player. It has a nice interface and is skinnable. It plays mp3, flac and ogg, but does not work with wma or aac (yet).
- MPlayerWii supports almost all audio files but has a text only interface.
- MiniMP3 Player has a basic interface and only plays MP3s. The source code provides a good example of how to play mp3 on Wii though.
- Wii Mode MP3 Player is hard to set up and requires additional hardware. However, it is notable as one of the first Wii homebrew apps.
- HiivelyPlay plays AHX/HVL tracker music.
All are ports of MPlayer and so will play almost anything. The first two will play H.264 480p videos (but not smoothly).
- GeeXboX plays videos, play music and show photos.
- Wii MFE Port requires a GameCube controller. WiiConnect24 must be disabled.
- MPlayerWii can only play lower resolution files. Audio can often get out of sync with video.
- Wii Miidia promises to be a full featured media center in the future. (unreleased)