|Installed from||Wii Shop Channel|
The Internet Channel is a version of the Opera 9 web browser for use on the Wii by Opera Software and Nintendo. On December 22, 2006, a free "trial version" of the browser was released. The final version of the browser became available on April 11, 2007 and was free to download until the last day of June; the browser now costs 500 Wii Points.
This is a list of updates to the Internet Channel.
April 11, 2007:
- Upgraded to the full version.
October 10, 2007:
- Added USB keyboard support.
- Launch time has been reduced.
- Up to 56 favorites can be saved.
- Send Favorites to people in the Wii's Address Book.
- Highlight words on a Web page and copy it to the "Search" function.
- Type longer messages without the virtual keyboard lagging.
The updates are free of charge if the Internet Channel had previously been downloaded.
- Cannot download / upload files.
- Cannot load flash content that requires any version higher than Macromedia Flash Player 7
- Cannot access Facebook. Cannot create messages in Hotmail.
- User may encounter difficulty editing pages with long content due the small text-box
- about: About Opera Page
- about:opera About Opera Page
- about:about About Opera Page
- opera:about About Opera Page
- opera: Invalid Address Page
- opera:opera Invalid Address Page
- about:blank Blank Page
- opera:blank Blank Page
- localhost Blank Page
- a.b.c.d:n if n < 80 = Invalid Address Page (Even if port open), if n == 80 or n > 80 Blank Page or whatever exists at port
- 127.0.0.1 Blank Page
- file:/ no response
- file://localhost/ no response
- file: no response
- / Invalid Address Page ( file://localhost/ )
- /. www.slashdot.org
- \. Invalid Address Page ( file://localhost/ )
- data: no response
- mailto: Not Supported Message
- ftp: Not Supported Message
- http:asite.com works fine
- https:asite.com works fine
- help no response
- site.com works fine
- '\' in some urls gets converted to '/' (also // or \\ as well as /// or \\\ is converted)
- attempting to connect to an ftp server above port 80 by specifying a.b.c.d:n gives no response
- attempting to connect to an ftp server above port 80 by specifying ftp://a.b.c.d:n gives an error stating that protocol ftp is not supported
If you have the latest git of libogc, available from git://hackmii.com/home/ogcgit/libogc if you have a git client, you can use the following command to load a specific URL in the internet channel, if it exists on the enduser's wii: