This is a port of Hu-Go GX a Turbo Grafx 16 / PC Engine emulator originally coded by Zeograd, for the Nintendo Wii. Original Gamecube porting code is from Softdev.
- Developer : Eke-Eke
- Accessories needed: GameCube controller, Wiimote, SD card
- Button to Return to Loader: Return to Loader from the main menu takes you back to the SD Loader or HB channel
- Display mode : 480p, 480i and 240p
- Installation for Zelda Chainloader: Install as usual
- Loaders useable: Twilight Hack, Front SD ELF Loader, WiiHL, Homebrew Channel
- Software type: Emulation
- Supports Zip compressed rom images.
- Create the following directories in the root directory of the SD card:
- /hugo/roms - Store the ROM files here.
- /hugo/saves - SRAM and save state data will be stored here.
- Start the ELF or the DOL with one of the above mentioned loaders.
When loading .BIN or .ISO image files, a System Card ROM Image must be provided. The name is syscard.pce and the location is /hugo directory.
- fixed Load/Save WRAM options being inverted
- fixed progressive mode (480p) automatic detection
- added automatic alphabetical file sorting (Marty Disibio)
- added ROM History for faster ROM access (Marty Disibio)
- fixed I/II & RUN/SELECT buttons being inverted
- fixed ROM files scrolling size
- added DVD support in Wii mode (no modchip required)
- sourcecode cleanup
- fixed multiplayer support (max. 4 players)
- added preliminary Super CD-ROM support: Data only (.ISO & .BIN image files), no CDDA track support
- fixed progressive mode support, now automatically detected
- added automatic TV mode detection (from SYSCONF), no more PAL60 version needed
- added option to return to Wii System Menu
- fixed "TP reload" option: now compatible with HB channel
- removed SD-Gekko support (Wii slot becomes default slot)
- added Wii SD slot support for WRAM files
- added Wiimote, Nunchuk & Classic controllers support through libwiiuse (see User Manual for default keys)
- added Wii mode support (including front SD rom loading with LFN, TP reload, ...)
- added 4.7GB DVD support for chip-modded WII (GC mode only)
- removed MPAL TV mode, added EURGB60 TV mode support: fix display problem for Wii users (GC&Wii mode)
- added original rendering mode support (240i), like on real hardware
- added 480p (progressive) rendering mode support (not supported by the PAL60 version, use the other one !)
- added Console Reboot option in main menu (System Reboot)
- WRAM files can now be saved/loaded to/from SDCARD: located in /hugo/saves from the root of your SDCARD (no Wii front SD support)
- changed initial ROMS directory for SDCARD user: now looking for /hugo/roms from the root of your SDCARD
- fixed broken MCARD support
- modified controls when going into the rom selection menu (DVD or SDCARD), like other current emulators:
- use B button to go up one directory
- use Z button to quit the file selection menu
- use L/R triggers to go down/up one full page . use Left/Right buttons or Analog stick to scroll the selected entry's filename when it can't be full displayed
- various menu rearrangement, minor bugfixes & source code cleanup
- added SDCARD support to hugo 0.03 (including subdirectory browsing & LFN support)
- simplified DVD access and DVD automount using libogc "DVD_Mount" function (removed low-level drivecodes & access routines)
- use ASM GU functions used intead of 'C' ones for rendering speedup
- memory card mounting "fix"
- dynamically allocated rom location: this means you don't need a linked rom anymore and we can now provide binary release
There are two versions included, one for Wii and other for GameCube. Homebrew Channel compatible files are also provided: