This is a port of Hu-Go GX a Turbo Grafx 16 / PC Engine emulator originally coded by Zeograd, for the Nintendo Wii. Original Gamecube porting code is from Softdev.
- Developer : Eke-Eke
- Accessories needed: GameCube controller, Wiimote, SD card
- Button to Return to Loader: Return to Loader from the main menu takes you back to the SD Loader or HB channel
- Display mode : 480p, 480i and 240p
- Installation for Zelda Chainloader: Install as usual
- Loaders useable: Twilight Hack, Front SD ELF Loader, WiiHL, Homebrew Channel
- Software type: Emulation
- Supports Zip compressed rom images.
- Create the following directories in the root directory of the SD card:
- /hugo/roms - Store the ROM files here.
- /hugo/saves - SRAM and save state data will be stored here.
- Start the ELF or the DOL with one of the above mentioned loaders.
When loading .BIN or .ISO image files, a System Card ROM Image must be provided. The name is syscard.pce and the location is /hugo directory.
[PCE] - sourcecode cleanup - fixed multiplayer support (max. 4 players) - added preliminary Super CD-ROM support: Data only (.ISO & .BIN image files), no CDDA track support
[NGC/WII] - fixed progressive mode support, now automatically detected
[Wii only] - added automatic TV mode detection (from SYSCONF), no more PAL60 version needed - added option to return to Wii System Menu - fixed "TP reload" option: now compatible with HB channel - removed SD-Gekko support (Wii slot becomes default slot) - added Wii SD slot support for WRAM files - added Wiimote, Nunchuk & Classic controllers support through libwiiuse (see User Manual for default keys)
- added Wii mode support (including front SD rom loading with LFN, TP reload, ...) - added 4.7GB DVD support for chip-modded WII (GC mode only) - removed MPAL TV mode, added EURGB60 TV mode support: fix display problem for Wii users (GC&Wii mode) - added original rendering mode support (240i), like on real hardware - added 480p (progressive) rendering mode support (not supported by the PAL60 version, use the other one !) - added Console Reboot option in main menu (System Reboot) - WRAM files can now be saved/loaded to/from SDCARD: located in /hugo/saves from the root of your SDCARD (no Wii front SD support) - changed initial ROMS directory for SDCARD user: now looking for /hugo/roms from the root of your SDCARD - fixed broken MCARD support - modified controls when going into the rom selection menu (DVD or SDCARD), like other current emulators: - use B button to go up one directory - use Z button to quit the file selection menu - use L/R triggers to go down/up one full page . use Left/Right buttons or Analog stick to scroll the selected entry's filename when it can't be full displayed - various menu rearrangement, minor bugfixes & source code cleanup
There are two versions included, one for Wii and other for GameCube. Homebrew Channel compatible files are also provided: