This is just a preview of a HomeMenu C++ class I'll be releasing soon. It's graphics library independent, so there aren't too many hassles there. It also allows you to associate your own functions to events such as when the menu opens, closes, redraws.
It's coming along well, but some of the stuff isn't implemented yet. It still needs:
- Sound support for all those warm *bloomph* roll-over sounds
Rumble support to make you feel like you're manhandling your wii.
- Accurate reflection of wiimotes' battery levels.
- Wiimote syncing and configuration like in commercial menu. This is a LONG way down the road.
Since I'm not exactly a C++ wizard, I'm hoping folks will help me fix my bigger screw-ups once it's release.
Since I'm too lazy to code a proper demo app I'm releasing the preview on top of Shiny Red Tank.
- Press HOME
I'm debating converting this all to C. If you feel this is a good/bad move, please leave a comment on the discussion page.
22 March 2009, preview
- Not yet complete, but you can get the idea.
- Thanks go to the folks at #grrlib
- Thanks go to the madness at #wiidevot
- Thanks to Dykam for code snippets