|Downloadable via the Homebrew Browser|
Genesis Plus is an emulator of the Sega Genesis / Sega Megadrive. This is a port of Charles MacDonald's Genesis Plus to the Wii, with a lot of improvements.
- 1 Information
- 2 Installation
- 3 Controls
- 4 Changelog
- 4.1 1.5.0 (04/01/2011)
- 4.2 1.4.1 (12/04/2010)
- 4.3 1.4.0 (11/01/2010)
- 4.4 1.3.1 (12/20/2008)
- 4.5 1.3.0 (12/14/2008)
- Preferred PAL Mode: Any (automatic TV mode detection, no more PAL60 version needed).
- Display mode : 480p, 480i, 576i, 240i, 288i, 288p and 240p
- Supports Zip compressed rom images.
- Genesis 4 players multitap adapters (Sega TeamPlayer and EA 4-Way Play) support
- Game Genie & Action Replay cheat code support
- Sega Mouse
- Sega Activator
- Sega Menacer & Konami Justifier lightguns. 2 lightgun has the same time supported.
- SVP DSP (Virtua Racing)
- Master System compatibility mode
- and a lot more, read the included user manual for details.
Read the included User Manual.
|or /||/||/ or||/ or||Move|
|/ or||/||/ or||/ or||Display the selected entry's full filename|
|/ or||/||/ or||/ or||Select previous/next file|
|/||/||/||/||Down/Up one full page|
|Quit the file selection menu|
|or||or||Up one directory|
|or||or||Load the selected file or enter selected directory|
Game Controls (default)
The control can be changed in "Emulator Options/Controls Options" menu except directional buttons & Menu key.
|+ or or or||Emulator Menu|
- added support for Master System compatibility mode (Z80 ports access mode), incl. Mode 5 rendering.
- added Mode 4 rendering for both Genesis & Master System modes.
- added alternate BG planes rendering functions (should be faster on PPC architectures).
- added support for Master System compatibility mode (Z80 ports access mode).
- added Master System peripherals emulation (Control Pad, Paddle, Sports Pad & Light Phaser).
- added XE-1AP (analog controller) emulation.
- added Activator emulation.
- added support for all known Master System cartridge mappers.
- added copy-protection hardware emulation for a few MD unlicensed games: fixes 777 Casino (crash when talking to bunny girls).
(NB: most of those unlicensed games seem to have been already patched by ROM dumpers, main purpose is documenting them)
- added support for Top Shooter arcade board controller. (A=Shoot, B=Bet, C/RIGHT=Coins, START=Start, hold UP on startup to enter service mode)
- improved King of Fighters 98 mapper emulation (registers address decoding is now 100% accurate)
- fixed Game Genie when several codes affect same ROM address.
- fixed EEPROM types for Brian Lara Cricket & NBA Jam TE (verified on real cartridges)
- added Master System compatibility mode emulation (automatically enabled when loading ROM file with .sms extension).
- improved savestate stability & compatibility (support for old 1.4.x savestates is preserved)
- various code cleanup & comments.
- fixed cheat codes handling when several codes affect same ROM address.
- improved input controller detection on menu exit.
- improved key remapping dialog box to match emulated device
- changed Menu key for Gamecube controller to allow MODE button mapping
- fixed DVD not being unmounted on swap (memory leak)
- added USB mouse support for Sega Mouse emulation
- compiled with latest libogc: improves USB compatibility & fixes stability issues with Wiimotes.
- improved VBLANK flag accuracy, as observed on real hardware.
- improved DMA operations accuracy, writes are now performed on a scanline basis: fixes Gaiares (flickering title screen).
- improved DMA Fill timing accuracy.
- fixed DMA with bad code values: fixes Williams Arcade Classics (corrupted gfx after soft reset).
- fixed horizontal resolution changes during HBLANK: fixes Bugs Bunny in Double Trouble (2nd stage).
- fixed Vertical Counter in interlace mode 1, as observed on real hardware.
- fixed horizontal border width, as observed on real hardware.
- various code improvments & optimizations.
- improved savestate format: added DMA, SVP, cartridge mapping & internal registers state informations
- improved unlicensed ROM mappers emulation
- added Chinese Fighters III mapper support
- added Top Fighter mapper support
- fixed Barver Battle Saga mapper support
- fixed cartridge hardware soft-reset (Game Genie, SVP, ...)
- fixed Game Genie registers byte reads
- added message box when inputs config uses disconnected controllers.
- added message box when settings are reseted to default on startup.
- fixed default inputs configuration.
- fixed memory leak in Cheat Menu causing spurious resets.
- added an option to enable/disable automatic cheat activation
- increased max number of cheat codes
- optimized cheat codes requiring RAM patching.
- improved default horizontal scaling to better match output from a real Mega Drive
- fixed inverted keys in cheat menu.
- fixed audio input frequency, now use exact audio hardware samplerate, as measured on my Game Cube (~48044 Hz),
- (NB: Wii samplerate has been verified to be closer to 48000 Hz)
- added the possibility for any wiimotes to be used as input device, regardless of the connected expansion controller.
- fixed USB drive not being detected when application is loaded from USB (HBC), thanks to Tantric for the tips.
- completely rewrote sound processing/mixing: sound chips are now clocked with exact output framerate to ensure 100% smooth video & audio playback, with no lag or skipping, while rendering an accurate number of samples per frame and keeping PSG & FM chips in sync.
- improved PSG & FM chips synchronization with CPU execution (fixed point precision).
- improved YM2612 core general accuracy (SSG-EG, CSM mode,...) (based upon Nemesis recent tests on real hardware)
- improved YM2612 LFO emulation accuracy: fixes "Spider-Man & Venom : Separation Anxiety" (intro)
- fixed YM2612 bug with Timer B: fixes "Langrisser Hikari II"/"Der Langrisser II" (Sega logo)
- fixed YM2612 context saving/loading.
- fixed YM2612 state on reset.
- removed outdated & less accurate Gens YM2612 core
- added configurable YM2612 DAC resolution emulation.
- added configurable & faster FIR resampler (thanks to Blargg & AamirM), removed libsamplerate support.
- added configurable Low-Pass filtering
- added configurable 3-Band Equalizer (thanks to Neil C).
- added an option to boost SN76489 Noise Channel.
- adjusted SN76489 cut-off frequency.
- implemented Blargg's blip buffer in SN76489 core (all channels are now lineary interpolated)
- added support for CRAM writes during horizontal blanking (Striker, Zero the Kamikaze Squirrel,...)
- added support for 2-Cell vertical scrolling in Interlaced 2 mode
- added support for some undocumented mode register bits
- added proper emulation of HV Counter latch: fixes Sunset Riders intro
- added pixel-accurate emulation of mid-line display on/off (Nigel Mansell World Championship PAL, Ren & Stimpy's Invention PAL,...)
- improved 2-cell vscroll emulation accuracy, as verified on real hardware (Gynoug, Cutie Suzuki no Ringside Angel, Formula One, Kawasaki Superbike Challenge)
- improved FIFO timings accuracy: fixes Sol Deace intro
- improved sprite masking accuracy (thanks to Nemesis for his test program)
- improved sprites processing accuracy: fixes (un)masked sprites in Mickey Mania (3D level), Sonic 2 (VS mode).
- improved HBLANK flag timing accuracy: fixes Mega Turrican (Sky level)
- improved horizontal blanking & HINT/VINT occurence timing accuracy, as measured on real hardware.
- improved HCounter accuracy in 40-cell mode, as measured on real hardware.
- improved color accuracy in VDP highlight mode to match results observed on real hardware
- updated Z80 core to last version (fixes interrupt Mode 0 timing and some BIT instructions).
- fixed some Z80 instructions timing.
- fixed state of Z80 registers on reset (sound issues with Defender & Defender 2 in Williams Arcade Classics)
- improved Z80 interrupt accuracy
- improved 68k accuracy (initial Reset timing + auto-vectored interrupts handling).
- improved 68k timing accuracy for DIVU/DVIS (thanks to Jorge Cwik) & MULU/MULS instructions.
- implemented 68k undocumented flags behavior for DIVU/DIVS instructions (Bloodshot / Battle Frenzy)
- improved Z80 & 68k cpu execution/synchronization accuracy by using Master Clock as common reference (now run exactly 3420 M-Cycles per line).
- modified Z80 & 68k cores to directly use external cycle count instead of intermediate counters.
- added Game Genie hardware emulation.
- added Action Replay & Pro Action Replay hardware emulation (only preliminary Pro Action Replay 2 support).
- added Sonic & Knuckles "Lock-On" support.
- added Cartridge "Hot Swap" feature.
- added missing EEPROM support in more games.
- added VDP lock-out emulation (TMSS).
- improved emulation of copy-protection hardware found in some unlicensed cartridges (Mulan, Pocket Monsters II).
- fixed Realtec mapper emulation: fixes missing sound in Balloon Boy / Funny World.
- fixed lightgun auto-detection: fixes default cursor position in Lethal Enforcers II.
- enabled simultaneous use of multitap & J-CART (Super Skidmarks 6-player mode)
- lots of code cleanup, bugfixes & optimization.
- implemented custom FONT engine (uses internal IPL font & GX hardware rendering).
- implemented custom GUI engine (uses GX hardware rendering & multithreading)
- implemented advanced menu interface (IR pointing, game snapshots, cheats & saves manager, visual & sound effects, BGM support, etc).
- improved audio/video synchronization to ensure 100% smooth video & audio playback.
- improved soft-reset button support, now works more like real Mega Drive / Genesis (model 1) reset button.
- improved lightgun cursors layout.
- added automatic ROM loading feature (last played game launches immediately when starting the emulator)
- added PAR codes and .pat files support
- fixed lot of stability issues and potential memory leaks.
- added Video Hardware "Gamma" control
- added Video Hardware "Trap Filter" control
- improved Mouse emulation through Wii remote
- compiled with devkitPPC r22 & libOGC 1.8.5 (includes SDHC & USB2 support through IOS58, removes DVDX support)
- improved sound engine
- modified frame sync, now uses audio DMA interrupt
- fixed EG Decay->Substain transition when SL & DR are minimals: fixes tracks #3 and #9 in "Mega Turrican"
- fixed a bug in SSG-EG emulation code: fixes Level 1 music in "Alisia Dragoon"
- modified SSG-EG Decay End Level: fixes some sound effects (ChainSaw, Zap...) in "Beavis & Butthead"
- improved Detune overflow accuracy: fixes very high frequency sounds in many games
- fixed registers 0x20-0x26 Reset state: fixes intro music in "B.O.B"
- reverted incorrect fix with KEY ON: fixes "Flamethrower" sound effect in "Alien 3" and many others
- adjusted HCounter values: fixes line flickering in "Sonic 3D" bonus stage
- adjusted VINT timing: fixes hang-up in "V.R Troopers"
- improved HBLANK flag accuracy: fixes line flickering in "Gouketsuji Ichizoku"
- fixed broken Z80 access to WRAM: fixes hang-up in "Mamono Hunter Youko"
- modified JCART emulation: fixes corrupted tracks logo in "Micro Machines 2"
- added Blargg's NTSC Filters support (NTSC video artifacts emulation)
- optimized VDP rendering core
- rewrote 68k interface (memory handlers, cycle execution, interrupts), greatly improves emulation speed
- removed slowest libsamplerate settings under "HQ YM2612" option, only keeps SRC_LINEAR (faster) and SRC_SINC_FAST (better)
- added option to enable/disable bilinear filtering
- rewrote video engine
- improved horizontal scaling (VI+GX)
- improved rendering speed (direct texture mapping)
- removed embedded font, (re)enabled IPL font support, now should work for Qoob users too (thanks to emukiddid)
- fixed "Reset" button behavior
- patched libfat for faster SD card accesses (thanks to svpe)
- SRAM and SaveState filenames are now based on the ROM filename (for FAT devices only)
- various bug fixes, menu tweaks and code cleanup
- added 480p support in menu
- implemented fast scrolling in menu using Wiimote D-PAD
- added "Power" button support
- added USB Storage support
- widescreen menu fix
- compiled with libogc 1.7.0 (SDHC support)