This is an emulator of the Sega Genesis / Sega Megadrive. This is a port of Charles MacDonald's Genesis Plus to the Wii with lots of improvements.
- Preferred PAL Mode: Any (automatic TV mode detection, no more PAL60 version needed).
- Display mode : 480p, 480i, 576i, 240i, 288i, 288p and 240p
- Supports Zip compressed rom images.
- Genesis 4 players multitap adapters (Sega TeamPlayer and EA 4-Way Play) support
- Game Genie cheat code support
- Sega Mouse & Sega Mega Mouse
- Sega Menacer & Konami Justifier lightguns. 2 lightgun has the same time supported.
- SVP DSP (Virtua Racing)
- Copy on the root of your SD card the directory apps of the archive.
- Create a directory named /genplus/roms at the root of your SDCARD and place in your ROMs (.zip, .smd & .bin). There's a limit of 1000 files per directory.
- /gnuboy/saves is automatically created if it does not exist on your SD card.
- Select Load New Game from the Main Menu to load a ROM.
- Select Play Game from the Main Menu to begin playing the game.
|or||/||/ or||/ or||Move through the Menu System|
|or||or||Select menu option|
|/ or||/||/ or||/ or||Display the selected entry's full filename|
|/ or||/||/ or||/ or||Select previous/next file|
|/||/||/||/||Down/Up one full page|
|Quit the file selection menu|
|or||or||Up one directory|
|or||or||Load the selected file or enter selected directory|
Game Controls (default)
The control can be changed in "Emulator Options/Controls Options" menu except Genesis Dpad, Mode, Emulator Menu and soft reset.
You can do a soft reset by pressing the reset button on the Wii.
Expansion controllers (Nunchuk or Classic) are sometimes not detected upon initialization. To solve that, simply disconnect and reconnect it from the Wii Remote.
Full Notes about the Release
More in-depth documentation about this release can be found at; http://gxdev.wordpress.com/about/
1.3.0 (14/12/2008): ------------------- [Genesis] - YM2612 bugfixes (MAME core): .fixed EG Decay->Substain transition when SL & DR are minimals: fix tracks #3 and #9 in "Mega Turrican" .fixed a bug in SSG-EG emulation code: fix Level 1 music in "Alisia Dragoon" .modified SSG-EG Decay End Level: fix some sound effects (ChainSaw, Zap...) in "Beavis & Butthead" .improved Detune overflow accuracy: fix very high frequency sounds in many games .fixed registers 0x20-0x26 Reset state: fix intro music in "B.O.B" .reverted incorrect fix with KEY ON: fix "Flamethrower" sound effect in "Alien 3" and many others - adjusted HCounter values: fixes line flickering in "Sonic 3D" bonus stage - adjusted VINT timing: fixes hang-up in "V.R Troopers" - improved HBLANK flag accuracy: fixes line flickering in "Gouketsuji Ichizoku" - fixed broken Z80 access to WRAM: fixes hang-up in "Mamono Hunter Youko" - modified JCART emulation: fixes corrupted tracks logo in "Micro Machines 2" - added Blargg's NTSC Filters support (NTSC video artifacts emulation) - optimized VDP rendering core, rewrote 68k interface (memory handlers, cycle execution, interrupts): greatly improved emulation speed [NGC/Wii] - remove slowest libsamplerate settings under "HQ YM2612" option, only keeps SRC_LINEAR (faster) and SRC_SINC_FAST (better) - added an option to enable/disable bilinear filtering - rewrote video engine: improved horizontal scaling (VI+GX), improved rendering speed (direct texture mapping) - removed embedded font, (re)enabled IPL font support: now should works for Qoob users too (thanks to emukiddid) - fixed "Reset" button behavior, now acts more like Genesis Reset button ;-) - patched libfat for faster SDCARD accesses (thanks to svpe) - SRAM and SaveState filenames are now based on the ROM filename (for FAT devices only) - various bugfixes, menu tweaks and code cleanup [NGC only] - added 480p support in menu [Wii only] - implemented fast scrolling in menu using Wiimote D-PAD - added "Power" button support - added USB Storage support - Widescreen menu fix - *new* libogc 1.7.0 features: SDHC support, Wiimote shutdown button support