|Genesis Plus GX|
|Downloadable via the Homebrew Browser|
see included README.pdf
The SD card should be formatted to FAT (FAT16 or FAT32). If not found, the emulator automatically creates a directory named “/genplus” at the root of your SD card, as well as subdirectories required by the emulator to store miscellaneous files (cheat, save & screenshot files).
By default, the emulator will look for files in the sd:/genplus/roms directory but you can place them anywhere you want, the menu keeping trace of the last accessed directory for each device.
The USB drive should have at least one partition formatted to FAT (FAT16 or FAT32), other file systems (NTFS, EXT2, etc) are not supported. If no SD card is inserted when the emulator starts, it automatically creates a directory named “/genplus” at the root of your USB drive partition, as well as subdirectories required by the emulator to store miscellaneous files (cheat, save & screenshot files).
By default, the emulator will look for files in the usb:/genplus/roms directory but you can place them anywhere you want, the menu keeping trace of the last accessed directory for each device and for each file types.
To use an USB2 drive, you must have IOS58 installed (it should be automatically installed with System Menu 4.3 update). You should also load the emulator through the Homebrew Channel, using the provided meta.xml file and make sure Homebrew Channel is using IOS58 as default IOS. If not, you might need to reinstall Homebrew Channel after having installed IOS58.
The DVD should be formatted using ISO9660/Joliet (refer to the user manual of your DVD Burning software for more details).
By default, the emulator will look for files at the root of your DVD but you can place them anywhere you want, the menu keeping trace of the last accessed directory for each device and for each file types.
To use DVD on a non-chipped Wii, you should load the emulator through the Homebrew Channel and use the provided meta.xml file, in order to allow full access to the DVD drive.
Mega CD emulation
1) Original BIOS ROM files are required (one for each region): unzip & rename them to bios_CD_U.bin, bios_CD_E.bin, bios_CD_J.bin in /genplus/bios/ directory
2) When using ISO image files, WAV files should be provided as AUDIO track files. You can either load a CUE file pointing to a specific ISO file and containing all the needed information about AUDIO tracks files or directly load the ISO file. In the latter case, the emulator will first look for a .CUE file with the same base name, then if no CUE file is found, it will automatically look for .WAV files respecting one of the following naming format (“XXX” being the .ISO filename and NN being the track number): “XXXNN.wav”, “XXX NN.wav”, “XXXNN. wav”, “XXX – NN.wav” or “XXX_NN.wav”. Please note that compressed audio files (such as .mp3, .mpc, .wma, .ogg, etc) are NOT supported.
3) When using BIN images files, audio tracks are generally stored within the image file. A CUE file is therefore required with all the needed information about audio tracks location. You can either load the CUE file pointing to the specific BIN file or directly load the .BIN file. In the latter case, the emulator will automatically look for a CUE file with the same base name as the BIN file.
|or /||/||/ or||/ or||Move|
|/ or||/||/ or||/ or||Display the selected entry's full filename|
|/ or||/||/ or||/ or||Select previous/next file|
|/||/||/||/||Down/Up one full page|
|Quit the file selection menu|
|or||or||Up one directory|
|or||or||Load the selected file or enter selected directory|
Game Controls (default)
The control can be changed in "Emulator Options/Controls Options" menu except directional buttons & Menu key.
|+ or or or||Emulator Menu|
Please see included HISTORY.txt for full changelog
Genesis Plus GX 1.7.3 (26/11/2012) (Eke-Eke)
- fixed broken input system initialization
Genesis Plus GX 1.7.2 (24/11/2012) (Eke-Eke)
- added default TOC for Shadow of the Beast II (prevent hangs when audio tracks are missing)
- fixed CD-DA fader muting
- fixed PCM channels panning on reset
- fixed backup RAM file management when using disc swap with Mode 1 cartridge
- incremented CD drive read latency: fixes Space Adventure Cobra (freeze when opening coffin at 2nd morgue scene)
- improved CDD emulation accuracy: fixes Snatcher (freeze at the end of Act 2) & various CD player bugs
- improved MAIN-SUB memory map mirroring in SCD mode (verified on real hardware by Charles McDonald)
- implemented cycle-accurate "stopwatch" register emulation
- fixed broken PSG noise frequency
- fixed incorrect Game Gear PSG stereo emulation
- implemented cycle-accurate Game Gear PSG stereo
- fixed broken VDP DMA from SVP ROM latency (graphic errors in Virtua Racing)
- added Super Mario World 64 (unlicensed) cartridge hardware emulation
- added automatic detection for CD games with Justifier/Menacer support
- improved Justifier/Menacer emulation
- fixed screen rendering when borders are disabled
- added configurable on-screen CD leds
- DVD light now indicates when virtual CD tray is open
- fixed automatic input settings detection
- improved lightgun crosshair positionning