This is a port of Charles MacDonald's Genesis Plus emulator of the Genesis / Sega Megadrive. Loadable from the Front SD Card slot by using the Twilight Hack (among other methods of loading Homebrew), Genesis Plus can also load ROMs directly from the Front SD Card Slot. All you need to get started with Genesis Plus for the Wii is a Nintendo Wii, a Wiimote or Gamecube Control Pad, an SD Card and Zelda: Twilight Princess.
- Author: eke-eke.
- Accessories Needed: GameCube Controller or Wiimote and SD Card.
- Preferred PAL Mode: Any (automatic TV mode detection, no more PAL60 version needed).
- Button to Return to Loader: Return to Loader from the main menu takes you back to the SD Loader or HB channel
- Display mode : 480p, 480i, 576i, 240i, 288i, 288p and 240p
- Loaders Usable: Twilight Hack, Homebrew Channel...
- Installation for Zelda Chainloader: Install as Usual.
- Software Type: Emulation
- Supports Zip compressed rom images.
- Install the Genesis Plus elf file onto your SD Card (rename to boot.elf if you will load directly, or use your favourite elf loader).
- Create the Directory /genplus at the root of your SD Card.
- Create the directory /genplus/roms on your SD Card and copy your ROM files there.
- Please note that you now can save your progress onto the front SD Card slot. /genplus/saves is now automatically created if it does not exist.
- Insert your SD Card into the Wii and run Genesis Plus using your chosen method (Twilight Hack).
- Select Load New Game from the Main Menu to load a ROM.
- Select Play Game from the Main Menu to begin playing the game.
- If you get a blank screen (with only sound), you can return to the main menu with the Z Button and tweak your options to get it to work.
The files required to run Genesis Plus on the Wii can be downloaded from the following Thread on dcemu.co.uk; http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=116226
- Up / Down: Move through the Menu System.
- A Button / Button 2: Select the current menu option.
- B Button / Button 1: Go back from the current menu.
- Z Button: Takes you back to the main menu.
- L Trigger + Z Button: Perform a soft reset of the Genesis Emulator.
- customizable key mapping
Full Notes about the Release
More in-depth documentation about this release can be found at; http://gxdev.wordpress.com/about/