Difference between revisions of "DevkitPPC.sh"

From WiiBrew
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m (Fixed infobox)
 
(31 intermediate revisions by 3 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
{{Infobox homebrewapp
+
{{Infobox development tools
| title      = devkitPPC Setup Script
+
| title      = Wii Development Environment Set-Up Script
| type        = Setup Script
 
| license    = GPL
 
 
| author      = Vithon
 
| author      = Vithon
| version    = 1.61
+
| version    = 3.6
| download    = [[Media:DevkitPPC.tar.gz|GZip'd Script]]
+
| licence    = MIT/X11
| source      = It's a script.
+
| download    = http://github.com/Vithon/devkitppcsh/archives/master
 +
| source      = http://github.com/Vithon/devkitppcsh/tree/master
 
}}
 
}}
  
It's uhm... a devkitPPC/libogc setup script for Linux.
+
== Description ==
So you don't have to! Yay!
+
 
 +
It's a devkitPPC/libogc/libfat setup script for Linux.
 +
 
 +
== Usage ==
 +
 
 +
Just call the script. There are no arguments.The script should run in any Bourne compatible shell.
 +
== Configuration ==
 +
 
 +
Configuration is done by directly editing the script. There is a nicely marked configuration section at the top of the script.
 +
You can change:
 +
* Version of devkitPPC to download.
 +
* Version of libogc to download.
 +
* Version of libfat to download.
 +
* Directory to install to.
 +
 
 +
You shouldn't change the first three except to update the versions that the script downloads. Older versions of the tarballs downloaded are stored in a different directory than that of the newest version, so you'll need to account for that if downloading older versions.
 +
 
 +
Since older versions are stored in different directories of SourceForge's server, if this script suddenly stops working, it's probably because the devkitPro software has been upgraded, and you'll need to update the versions in the script so it will download them correctly.
  
 
== Changelog ==
 
== Changelog ==
  
=== 1.7 ===
+
3.3 - 3.6
* Minor fixes
+
* More cleanups.
* Easter egg (with no eggs)
+
 
 +
3.2
 +
* Small cleanup.
 +
* MIT license.
 +
 
 +
3.1
 +
* I did some stupid stuff. Now it's less stupid.
  
=== 1.61 ===
+
3.0
* Removed an extra "fi" that would've made the script not work
+
* Another rewrite. Looks nicer.
 +
* No longer have to be using /bin/bash as shell. Now uses whatever /bin/sh points to.
 +
* Updated out-of-date configuration.
 +
* Removed stupid GUI Zenity idea (I did this a while ago. Never put it here, though.).
  
=== 1.6 ===
+
2.0
* Allows different versions. (See readme)
+
* Decided it's time for a version bump.
  
=== 1.5 ===
+
1.0 - 1.9*
* 64-bit support
+
* Me dicking around.
* Downloads libfat
 
* Optionally downloads Wii Examples and GameCube Examples
 
* Various Code Fixes
 
  
[[Category:Software]]
+
[[Category:Development]]
 +
[[Category:PC utilities]]

Latest revision as of 20:25, 22 March 2021

Wii Development Environment Set-Up Script
General
Author(s)Vithon
Version3.6
LicenceMIT/X11
Links
Download
Source

Description

It's a devkitPPC/libogc/libfat setup script for Linux.

Usage

Just call the script. There are no arguments.The script should run in any Bourne compatible shell.

Configuration

Configuration is done by directly editing the script. There is a nicely marked configuration section at the top of the script. You can change:

  • Version of devkitPPC to download.
  • Version of libogc to download.
  • Version of libfat to download.
  • Directory to install to.

You shouldn't change the first three except to update the versions that the script downloads. Older versions of the tarballs downloaded are stored in a different directory than that of the newest version, so you'll need to account for that if downloading older versions.

Since older versions are stored in different directories of SourceForge's server, if this script suddenly stops working, it's probably because the devkitPro software has been upgraded, and you'll need to update the versions in the script so it will download them correctly.

Changelog

3.3 - 3.6

  • More cleanups.

3.2

  • Small cleanup.
  • MIT license.

3.1

  • I did some stupid stuff. Now it's less stupid.

3.0

  • Another rewrite. Looks nicer.
  • No longer have to be using /bin/bash as shell. Now uses whatever /bin/sh points to.
  • Updated out-of-date configuration.
  • Removed stupid GUI Zenity idea (I did this a while ago. Never put it here, though.).

2.0

  • Decided it's time for a version bump.

1.0 - 1.9*

  • Me dicking around.