System Menu 2.0 was the first system update for the Wii, and the first System Menu that had major region differences; the only region differences in System Menu 1.0 was a bug where the U region loaded channels faster, and that there was region-specific code to download the correct update.
|Release date||November 19, 2006 December 7, 2006|
|System Menu IOS||IOS11|
November 19, 2006 (rev01)
- Ability to read/write data on an SD card
- Addition of "Country Settings" option
- Addition of "System Update" option
- Ability to arrange downloaded channels on the Wii menu
- Ability to set "parental controls" to restrict online activities
November 30, 2006 (rev02)
- Fixed exploits in the Wii Shop Channel
December 19, 2006 (rev03)
- Activated the functionality of the Forecast Channel, as data had not been sent to it before this point
If you have a System Menu below 3.2 and wish to upgrade, use AnyRegion Changer to update.
WARNING: Be advised that if your system is shipped with 4.0 preinstalled, you can not downgrade and will brick your console.