This file contains data used by the WC24 mail engine. The following list is the default mail engine URLs contained in this file.
All URLs, except account.cgi, are now defunct as of 2013. Nintendo's servers needed internal KD SSL client certificate to access the servers. RiiConnect24 has restored the functionality, and patches the mail server URLs using a homebrew app the user runs.
- https://amw.wc24.wii.com/cgi-bin/account.cgi - This generates a password and mlchkid, for usage when contacting the Wii Mail scripts for authentication
- http://rcw.wc24.wii.com/cgi-bin/check.cgi - This is where the Wii checks if it has any mail; this has a challenge as it's over HTTP.
- https://mtw.wc24.wii.com/cgi-bin/receive.cgi - This handles receiving of Mail.
- https://mtw.wc24.wii.com/cgi-bin/delete.cgi - Once mail is received, the Wii contacts this script to delete the mail from the server database.
- https://mtw.wc24.wii.com/cgi-bin/send.cgi - This handles sending of Mail.
A Kaitai file documenting the file structure can be found here.
|0x0||0x3||0x4||Magic big-endian 0x57634366 "WcCf"|
|0x4||0x7||0x4||Version of config file. Release IOS have it as 8.|
|0x8||0xf||0x8||Wii's friend code/NWC24 ID, stored as 64-bit integer.|
|0x10||0x13||0x4||NWC24 ID generation, this is incremented before a new ID is calculated (normally when a system format is performed).|
|0x14||0x17||0x4||1 = ID is not registered yet, 2 = ID has been registered.|
|0x18||0x57||0x40||The Wii E-Mail address domain, includes the '@'.|
|0x58||0x77||0x20||passwd - returned from "GET /cgi-bin/account.cgi?mlid=<mlid>" - sent with send/receive/delete|
|0x78||0x9b||0x24||mlchkid - Only used for check, sent over HTTP.|
|0x9c||0x31b||0x280||5 HTTP(S) URLs for the mail engine, max 0x80 bytes each.|
|0x3f8||0x3fb||0x4||Normally set to zero when sysmenu creates this config file. Enables WC24 title booting when non-zero. KD can't change this field since the function that sets it isn't used, and sysmenu doesn't change this.|
|0x3fc||0x3ff||0x4||Checksum, this is the sum of the whole file excluding the checksum. This is similar to the NANDBOOTINFO and state.dat checksums.|
A Kaitai struct for the above table can be found at https://github.com/RiiConnect24/Kaitai-Files/blob/master/Kaitais/nwc24msg.ksy.