| This article is in the process of translating from English to French.
Please help translate this article if you can.
An experimental news feed is available for this page.
This page has a limit of 7 news items. Older news should be moved to the Events Archive. If a new event is an update to an older event on this list, move the older event to the archive (when possible).
- 18 July 08: The here-banned hacker Waninkoko released the first custom firmware to run in an unmodded Wii. Some claim that DVD-R's can be read on an unmodded console by using GenPlus-GX. More info at Waninkoko's Wii page
- 17 July 08: Bushing discovered a bug that can be used for running "backups" in an unmodded Wii. He isn't going to release it and wants to talk with Nintendo engineers to fix it. HackMii announcement
- 21 June 08: Team Twiizers has released the new Twilight Hack, compatible with version 3.3 of the System Menu. HackMii announcement.
- 17 June 08: Bushing has already announced a workaround after just 6-8 hours of work! Big thanks to all involved! (technical details)
- 16 June 08: The latest Wii System Menu update removes current copies of the Twilight Hack and fixes the hash comparison ("Trucha Signing") bug.
- 6 June 08: The Homebrew Channel has been updated to Beta 8, Can be updated online via the channel itself.
For older news check our Events Archive