They Do Not Die
|This is an old revision of this page, as edited by Mr. Reaper at 05:19, 27 April 2012. It may differ significantly from the .|
|They Do Not Die|
|Downloadable via the Homebrew Browser|
They Do Not Die is a 2d zombie shooter with abstract visuals and a focus on customizability with an included level editor.
It is a remake of the game that I was making and had more or less abandoned on PC.
v1.0 - August 8, 2011
- You can now save your game.
- You can obviously also load that game save and continue playing from where you left off.
- Running consumes less energy.
- shooting now consumes energy (just enough to stop it from regenerating).
- Health regenerates at half speed when you aren’t full on energy.
- I’ve removed the on screen frame rate counter.
- The music no longer plays improperly slow in the Wii version.
v0.4 - September 25, 2010
- Added Co-Op modes for up to four players.
- The level viewer has been replaced with a level editor.
v0.3 - July 4, 2010
- An added level selection screen and all four of the maps from the PC version have been included. There is a level viewer (which will in the future become an editor).
- Improved character sprite rotation.
- Progress bars have been added to represent how much health and energy you have.
- Real time shadow test feature (hold down the 2 button to make the walls cast shadows).
v0.2 - June 23, 2010
- You now have a set amount of health which you obviously lose whenever your harmed by zombies. You also have energy which you can use to move faster (just hold down the A button) but if you don’t have any energy left then running will instead consume health. Both your health and energy regenerate.
- The camera zooms in and out based on how much remaining health you have. There is some darkness around the borders of the screen which turns red when your losing health.
- The iconic arrow sprites from the PC version are now in the game and they rotate and everything. There are now also corpses that get left behind when you kill someone.
- When your health hits zero then your sent back to the new start menu from which you can can choose to begin playing again with everything reset.
v0.1 - June 15, 2010
- First version of the Wii version.
Background music (Surrounded) by RekcahDam. http://rekcahdam.blogspot.com/
This is an enhanced version of They Do Not Die v1.0, which includes custom people graphics, a Homebrew Channel icon, and a new custom map, Zombie Death Maze (Navigate the zombie-infested maze and make it to the Safe House at the end!)
Extras created by Mr. Reaper