GUI in Development?
Is there a GUI in the works for Wiiload? Would be great to see one.
If possible, a seperate GUI for each platform. If it is written in something like java, it would save work.
- There is one for Windows, see the Homebrew Channel talk: page.
- maybe i'll write a small gui for linux later on robertle 02:57, 26 May 2008 (PDT)
- I spoke too soon, there is now one for intel mac's and it seems this could be ported to other systems very easily.
- It can be ported VERY easily, i'll soon release the source to the public if I 1. cleaned it up and made building easier and 2. made a linux version!
Download stops at 77% and says "Unknown error"
Hey guys, when I've added the environment variable and everything, downloaded the program and everything but when i try to load a program on the wii, it starts running and everything, i see the progress bar on my computer and on the wii, and then at 77% (at least with this one program, haven't tried others yet) is says "Transfer Failed. Unknown error" Help? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Lemonpieman (talk • contribs) 22:44, 15 January 2009
I believe this is a firewall issue. I have Comodo Firewall and to send files to the Wii properly I physically need to disable the firewall security - I havent found a way to allow an exception yet.Steaky1212 12:09, 18 August 2009 (UTC)
- I was having a similar problem with wiiload, that's why I created my own tool to send files to my Wii. If you are running in a Windows environment and are interested check WiiBuilder. --Crayon 13:24, 18 August 2009 (UTC)
Sending to wii
How would I send files to my wii from someone elses house using wiiload? -- Gamewizard71 03:33, 20 February 2009 (UTC)
Why would you want to do that =p (I assume you are using a router) You will need to find your external IP address and set your router to forward port (insert wiiload portnumber here) I would test but I cant seem to find the Wiiload download ;( --Toagac 22:30, 18 May 2009 (UTC)
Not clear about downloading elf package
it's writen : "First, download the .elf package, which includes all version of Wiiload, from the official homebrew channel site. "
- Probally because of the Hackmii Installer... Someone got the wiiload binary for Linux? EDIT: Go to $DEVKITPPC/bin and there is Wiiload (at DevkitPPC linux) Drag0nflamez 17:20, 2 June 2009 (UTC)
.tar inside a .tar.gz?
Why don't you just use .zip? It's a small download, and WHO wants to extract 2 times?
Here's a .zip reupload:
I don't like sig.(s) Elosnoc Iiw 01:50, 11 September 2009 (UTC)
Result too large
For people who are having the Result too large error with the wiiload that comes with devkitpro, get the newest wiiload, and you probably won't have any problems anymore. KolakCC 20:45, 17 October 2009 (UTC)
On the fly IP-setting
For those of you who don't want to set the env variable, or their Wii's IP changes a lot, you can use this under devkitpro:
export WIILOAD := tcp:192.168.0.102
wiiload $(TARGET).dol KolakCC 14:42, 18 October 2009 (UTC)