I would appreciate all help with graphics and sfx/music from those wishing to contribute. Please add to the sections below with contribution and contact details.
i can provide some mp3s--Wiifreak9989 00:30, 13 July 2008 (CEST)
That would be good WiiFreak9989. I need music for the menu, game, high score input, winning, losing + sounds effects --JustWoody 08:36, 18 July 2008 (CEST)
Music (*** TOP PRIORITY ***)
Mod music wanted
An update on required sounds / music - I would really appreciate some music in MOD format as this takes up far less memory than mp3. The music that I require is japanese/oriental style for title screen/menu, a few for in game, hi-score entry, and short ones for winning and losing the game --JustWoody 18:57, 25 July 2008 (CEST)
- I posted a request on their forum a week or so ago with no response so far :-), Digdug, have you heard any particular tracks on there that fit the bill? I haven't had a good look yet so would be good if you could paste a link to include a search that brings back a few decent tracks --JustWoody 20:04, 27 August 2008 (UTC)
- Here is one list, I don't know if you can support S3M/XM also?
Japanese selection - Chinese selection - Oriental selection I can't decide for you what kind of music you want in your game, maybe other users can take a look as well and we can vote? --DigDug 15:55, 28 August 2008 (UTC)
- I use sndlib which only supports MOD as far as a can see :(, I did a search of these a while back but didn't see anything that exactly fitted the bill, I may give them another listen though as really want to get some more music to mix it up a bit. Cheers for the suggestions though DigDug. --JustWoody 22:33, 29 August 2008 (UTC)
- Hey DigDug i've found a few track on the oriental search that would be really good, I'm just asking for permission to use them now. --JustWoody 07:24, 30 August 2008 (UTC)
I would like some more tilesets so that i can add the option of choosing between a few different ones
42 of these should be placed in one png 32 file. with all the repeating tiles first and the individual tiles at the end (seasons and flowers)
Other graphics that I would like are a few selectable characters for two player versus mode in a similar vein to Popooon on the SNES if anyone has seen that + funky text saying things like "Finished" "No more matches" "Shuffle" "Winner" "Player 1" "Player 2" hopefully this kind of thing will give a more polished look --JustWoody 20:06, 30 July 2008 (CEST)
Ideas / Feature Requests
Anyone with any good ideas for this project please add them here:
A menu item for Multiplayer (or AI) Mahjong? --Navarr 20:37, 27 July 2008 (CEST)
- Could you elaborate on how you see this working Navarr, so I can understand your idea. Do you mean the full MahJongg (4 player job)? --JustWoody 23:09, 27 July 2008 (CEST)
I think it would be nice to have a option of turning it off. Xyrion 00:23, 31 July 2008 (CEST)
I've actually already added turning sounds and music off in the menus that I have been working on ;) cheers for the comment though --JustWoody 18:44, 1 August 2008 (CEST)
A couple more supported buttons like instead of dragging the Wiimote to the Pause button, add the [+] button support? --Goofster1020 10:47, 23 August 2008 (HST)
Yeah sounds like an idea Goofster1020, especially since there are lots of buttons free + makes it a little easier. --JustWoody 08:17, 24 August 2008 (UTC)
What about a 16x9 widescreen mode? And a config file that saves video, sound, and possibly tileset preferences? We love what you've done with this game, it is great work!
- I am planning to add the auto saving to the SD card of settings. I'm not quite sure what would be gained from doing anything specific with widesceen, i have a 16x9 CRT and it looks fine on that. does it look odd on a hi-def? --JustWoody 22:21, 29 August 2008 (UTC)
I just have to change the aspect ratio to fill the screen, or live with the bars on the side, but you're right, it isn't a big deal. I was more interested in saving the settings. d6e2s
Logo / title screen ideas
DayDreamOz: I just made a quick mock:
Slick! CarstenK 07:47, 30 July 2008 (CEST)
Thats quality DayDreamOz, cheers I will def. be adding that in. Now in you in the groove any chance of creating a homebrew channel logo using the same font? --JustWoody 20:00, 30 July 2008 (CEST)
Of course was going to do the whole menu/ gui thing if you want me to.
That would be spot on DayDreamOz --JustWoody 22:30, 30 July 2008 (CEST)
any chance you could send me the existing art and some screengrabs ?
Sure whats your e-mail? --JustWoody 23:44, 30 July 2008 (CEST) (also when adding comments you can use the second icon from the right just above to input box to add your signature and a timestamp to make it easier to see when and be who a comment has been added :))
Have sent them to you DayDreamOz so have removed your email details from here for your privacy --JustWoody 00:17, 31 July 2008 (CEST)
Was about to do the same thing... thanks, Justin... --DayDreamOz 00:55, 31 July 2008 (CEST)
Some new eyecandy - just to make Justin's life a little harder... --DayDreamOz 02:02, 4 August 2008 (CEST)
Hey Chris - I've coded all of the menu stuff now using your new graphics! Its looking really cool --JustWoody 23:14, 5 August 2008 (CEST)
Very nice, looking forward to it! CarstenK 23:27, 5 August 2008 (CEST)
Beautiful graphics! DayDreamOz you've really done a great job with this. It's fresh and modern looking, just like all things Wii should. :) If you have time and will, you could update the tiles and background (if JustWoody agrees, off course) in this style. It's really, really cool. Xyrion 02:27, 10 August 2008 (CEST)
Xyrion: working on it :) --DayDreamOz 22:24, 10 August 2008 (CEST)
Wow, I just have to say, excellent work on those graphics DayDreamOz! --Teknecal 14:42, 23 August 2008 (UTC)
Any other things to discuss go here:
How about some optional "hint" modes you can enable before starting a game, such as:
- Highlight tiles when there is only one possible pair (or choice of threesome/foursome) to remove
- Highlight any matching tiles when one is selected
- Display matching tile count
Use a different color so it isn't confused with selected tiles.
Sounds like some good ideas, I might make different hi-score(lowest time) tables depending on which helping options are selected when I add some of these in --JustWoody 23:07, 27 July 2008 (CEST)
we would be happy to try an other mode for an evening (us addicts), but there is an other option, button A to make your own selection, button B + A to complete the selection of your fellow player (B suggests unselecting and if it keeps being pressed an additional A to say you are completing). completing someone elses selection could also be used as a "stealing" move on a more competative multiplayer match Bitflusher 18:26, 27 August 2008 (UTC)
- Cheers for the ideas Bitflusher, I'm not 100% sure what you mean in your comment in brackets, any chance of elaborating. --JustWoody 22:26, 29 August 2008 (UTC)
- ok i hope i can clarify my thoughts. right now if one player starts making a selection it blocks the other player from making his/her own selection. my idea was each player could play on it's own if you could make simultanious selection. but to keep the feature of completing the other player (like: hey can you find thisone) B+A could be used.
p.s. our 2 player record for mahjong is now 5 minutes and 31 secs Bitflusher 08:19, 30 August 2008 (UTC)
No sure if anyone will use this, but, if you press the 1 button on wiimote 1 it will create a screenshot png file on the root of the SD card. Currently this only looks ok in 640x480 mode (i.e. NTSC or 50Hz) --JustWoody 22:25, 29 August 2008 (UTC)
Please inform me of any bugs here:
I have a PAL Wii so I haven't tested this on an NTSC Wii and would be interested in any feedback on this please.
- Works fine with NTSC & component cables. CarstenK 22:35, 27 July 2008 (CEST)
- Cheers CarstenK thats good to know --JustWoody 23:02, 27 July 2008 (CEST)
Please add any feedback that you want to give here:-
- I love the 0.3 version, it's a really great homebrew. Quality! Xyrion 02:13, 26 August 2008 (UTC)
- Thank you for this extremely addicting game, it looks great and plays well. me and my gf have been playing co-op a lot yesterday. we are looking forward to the yet to be developed non co-op multiplayer mode.
- one thing, was it you intention to only be able to make one selection per player. i think either the other player should be able to de-select or there should be a simultanious selection.
- Yes for the coop mode I thought it would be best to only allow one selection at a time. Although it might be good to offer the ability to select for each player as an option --JustWoody 15:51, 27 August 2008 (UTC)
- more thoughts at little section coop thoughtsBitflusher 18:26, 27 August 2008 (UTC)