System Menu 3.1
|System Menu 3.1|
|Release date||October 10, 2007 October 10, 2007|
|System Menu IOS||IOS30|
|Preceded by||System Menu 3.0|
|Succeeded by||System Menu 3.2|
This version of the system menu added USB keyboard support and added support for New version of Internet Channel and Everybody Votes Channel.
October 10, 2007 (rev01)
- A Keyboard inserted into a USB port on the console can be used for text input and specific button controls for certain features and channels.
- New version of Internet Channel :
- A Keyboard inserted into a USB port on the console can be used for text input (such as typing a URL or writing an email).
- During text input using the Wii Remote, the B Button can be pressed to activate the "Shift" function of the onscreen keyboard.
- Specific text on the page can now be highlighted with the Wii Remote. Once highlighted, click the "Search" to populate the search field with that text.
- It is now possible to edit the web address (URL) of the page currently being viewed on the Internet Channel.
- The "Page Information" icon will be visible on all pages while browsing, even if the tool bar is hidden. In addition, "Page Information" has been enhanced to provide you a description of the page's security level; a "Send" button is available to send the page to a friend; a "www" button is provided to edit the current URL and browse to a new page.
- The way the Internet Channel can display a page has been enhanced. You now have the ability to make the browser ignore white space from the top and bottom of the screen, and the "Zoom" feature will alert you when an image is at its native size.
- The maximum number of Favorites you can save has been increased from 48 to 56.
- You can expect a faster, more stable and secure connection with the updated Internet Channel.
- New version of Internet Channel : Everybody Votes Channel
- The updated version of the Everybody Votes Channel provides an improved display for the National Results by Region.
December 10, 2007 (rev02)
- Added a "gifting" function to the Wii Shop Channel and added support for Photo Channel 1.1.
If you have a System Menu below 3.2 and wish to upgrade, use AnyRegion Changer to update.
WARNING: Be advised that if your system is shipped with 4.0 preinstalled, you can not downgrade and will brick your console.