|Downloadable via the Homebrew Browser|
This emulator is a port to Wii of QUASI88, NEC PC-8801 emulator, programmed by Fukunaga. The policy of this port is the minimum change. You must not ask Fukunaga about this Wii version.
QUASI88 site (only in Japanese): http://www.117.ne.jp/~show/pc8801/pc88emu.html
How to set up
1) Copy the contens in the SD_root to your SD or SDHC card.
2) Copy system roms files to /quasi88/ROM directory.
3) Copy game roms files to /quasi88/DISK directory.
The details of the systems roms are announced the following site (but only in Japanese) http://www.117.ne.jp/~show/pc8801/quasi88/rom.html
The psedo BIOS is available on the following site (in Japanese): http://www.retropc.net/cisc/m88/download.html
How to use
The on-off of the menu is toggled by pressing the wiimote A button or USB-keyboard F12 key.
Select the DISK tab, set a game disk file, and push the OK.
Next, select the reset tab, and push the rest.
In this port, I dare to use the SDL library in the WiiHady, because the SDL library easily supports Wii remote as mouse and GC controller as joystick. The specifications of the new SDL library has be changed.
Brief Change Log
- April 21, 2009
- Manipulate the menu by wiimote
- April 6, 2009
- Sound support
- April 3, 2009
- Initial release
- Original developer of QUASI88
- Many developers of the libraries and systems tools such as libogc, SDL-wii, etc..