|Downloadable via the Homebrew Browser|
QUASI88 is a port to Wii of QUASI88, NEC PC-8801 emulator, programmed by Fukunaga. The policy of this port is the minimum change. You must not ask Fukunaga about this Wii version.
original (no including wii) QUASI88 site (only in Japanese): http://www.117.ne.jp/~show/pc8801/pc88emu.html
- Wiimote, Classic, and Gamecube controllers
- USB-mouse & USB-keyboard
- snapshot (bmp or others)
- state save & load
- USB-keyboard (may be able to execute all solo-play games without USB-Keyboard by editing /quasi88/rc/quasi88.cfg)
How to set up
1) Copy the contens in the HBC directory to your SD/SDHC card or USB storage.
2) Copy system roms files to /quasi88/rom directory.
3) Copy game roms files to /quasi88/disk directory.
The details of the systems roms are announced the following site (but only in Japanese) http://www.117.ne.jp/~show/pc8801/quasi88/rom.html
The pseudo BIOS is available on the following site (in Japanese): http://www.retropc.net/cisc/m88/download.html However, the QUASI88 with pseudo BIOS can execute the games without using N88-BASIC.
When there is the /quasi88 directory in both SD card and USB storage, the files in SD card are given to priority.
How to use
When you press wiimote plus button, you can see the menu. (menu off by pressing wiimote minus button)
Select the DISK tab, set a game disk file, and push the OK.
Next, select the reset tab, and push the reset.
- Menu (when pointing monitor)
|Aim (=mouse move)|
|Menu on (=F12 key)|
|Menu off (=Escape key)|
|Select menu item (=mouse left button)|
|(=mouse right button)|
- Play (when no pointing monitor)
You can configurate the allocations from keyboard keys to wiimote buttons by editing /quasi88/rc/quasi88.cfg file (no user interface). If you want to change the allocations, change the numbers of wpad_button_? (?=a, b, plus, minus, 1, 2, right, left, down, up, fleft, fright) according to the numbers in key_numnerlist.txt file.
Brief Change Log
- Aug. 28, 2011, ver. 0.6.3 beta6
- Increase samples number in sound library of SDL (maybe better sound)
- Aug. 14, 2011, ver. 0.6.3 beta5
- Recompile with recent devkitPPC and libogc
- More stable mount for ISO58 usb2 fast access
- Aug. 15, 2010, ver. 0.6.3 beta4
- Recompile for recent HBC1.0.8 and recenet libogc (I don't know using IOS58 for USB2)
- Jan. 4, 2010, ver. 0.6.3 beta3
- Support USB storage
- Fix some paths
- Nov. 7, 2009, ver. 0.6.3 beta2
- Recompile by devkitPPC-r19 (sources are not changed, beta1 dont't work well because of bugs of devkitPPC-r18)
- Oct. 18, 2009, ver. 0.6.3 beta1
- Recompile by devkitPPC-r18 & SDL-Wii-r81
- Support play by Classic & Gamecube controllers
- Oct. 9, 2009, ver. 0.6.3 alpha4
- Adjust to recent libralies
- Support play by wiiremote
- Save configurations
- April 21, 2009, ver. 0.6.3 alpha3
- Manipulate the menu by wiimote
- April 6, 2009, ver. 0.6.3 alpha2
- Sound support
- April 3, 2009, ver. 0.6.3 alpha1
- Initial release
- Original developer of QUASI88
- Many developers of the libraries and systems tools such as libogc, SDL-wii, etc..