Difference between revisions of "Priiloader"
m (i should have done this sooner >_>)
|Line 29:||Line 29:|
== What is Priiloader ? ==
== What is Priiloader ? ==
Priiloader is a modded version of [[Preloader]].
Priiloader is a modded version of [[Preloader]]. like preloader, Priiloader places itself in boot sequence before the system menu. this priiloader has the ability to:<br>
*memory just like [[StartPatch]] or [[Preloader]]. .ini should be on the sd root(only once, they get copied to NAND) and can be found [[Preloader/hacks|here]].
*wii from banner & other kind of bricks that aren't ios/boot2/nand corruption related
*something else than system menu on power up (a dol file, bootmii, homebrew channel)
you have any further questions, suggestions or anything then please contact us at the [http://code.google.com/p/priiloader/ google code] SVN page or #priiloader on [irc://chat.freenode.net/priiloader chat.freenode.net] or [irc://irc.efnet.org/priiloader efnet.org]
== Known Issues ==
== Known Issues ==
*Priiloader Rev47/48 (0.3 or 0.3b) can hang the Wii while loading a DVD in the System Menu.
*Priiloader Rev47/48 (0.3 or 0.3b) can hang the Wii while loading a DVD in the System Menu. bug, mostly seen with hardware mods. vanished according to the reports [https://code.google.com/p/priiloader/issues/detail?id=38 found here]
== To do ==
== To do ==
Revision as of 17:30, 2 April 2010
This project is a modified version of the officially discontinued Preloader.
|Contributor(s)||WntrMute , _Dax_ , F_GOD|
|Version||0.3b (rev 48m on svn)|
|This homebrew makes permanent changes to your Wii's flash memory (NAND) and should be used with caution.|
PLEASE READ THE _WHOLE_ README BEFORE RUNNING THE INSTALLER.
THIS TOOL MODIFIES THE NORMAL BEHAVIOR OF THE WII SYSTEM AND THEREFORE CAN CAUSE UNEXPECTED PROBLEMS.
IT IS _HIGHLY_ RECOMMENDED TO INSTALL PRELOADER ONLY ON A WII WITH UNMODIFIED IOSs!!
YOU AGREE THAT YOU INSTALL THIS TOOL ON YOUR OWN RISK, THE AUTHOR CAN NOT BE HELD
RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED BY EITHER USING OR INSTALLING THIS TOOL.
What is Priiloader ?
Priiloader is a modded version of Preloader. Just like preloader, Priiloader places itself in boot sequence before the system menu. By this priiloader has the ability to:
- Patch memory just like StartPatch or Preloader. Hacks.ini should be on the sd root(only once, they get copied to NAND) and can be found here.
- Save wii from banner & other kind of bricks that aren't ios/boot2/nand corruption related
- Start something else than system menu on power up (a dol file, bootmii, homebrew channel)
- Priiloader Rev47/48 (0.3 or 0.3b) can hang the Wii while loading a DVD in the System Menu. Rare bug, mostly seen with hardware mods. Oddly vanished according to the reports found here
- re-add an update function -> once i understand http parsing, which might take a loooong time
- fix known issues
Black.Pearl & Bad Uncle for the font merging :D
WntrMute : without you i would've quit priiloader cause of my silly bug
wiidev irc channel : i learned alot thx to you guys. and thanks for not banning me :P
F_GOD, OldBoy & Dax : thanks for all the testing and bug finding!
Pune/giantPune : yup, thx :)
Authors of GeckoOS . their IOS Stub detection code helped me look into Stub IOS's and improve it
PhpGeek : nice installer. wouldn't have gotten this far without the nand code info
if you helped me, and you aren't in that list, then i forgot you but i can't thank you enough :)
- rev changes towards v0.4 : Death of the Memory Hog and revenge of the IOSith (aka , a up to date list of what 0.4 will have)
- Added support of all versions of the EU/US system menus
- New entrypoint. this means :
- Old forwarders should work again
- Many other memory related restrictions should be gone.
- Added support for more usb hard drives
- Added an option to ask for a password either when entering priiloader menu or doing autoboot. (NOTE : this -CAN- lock you out of your own wii. please be very careful with this)
- Added a menu to list all installed Wiiware/VC titles and start one
- Added a new magic word to force system menu to be started. (the word is "Pune")
- Change and fixed IOS Stub detection. All known IOS' are detected like they should. thank you Attila
- Changed Autoboot setting so it would start system menu when having just updated/installed Priiloader
- Fixed Hacks.ini bug when it was made in linux (or any ini that doesn't have windows' \r\n newlines and uses \n instead)
- Fixed Bootstate handling. we should now handle all known bootstates correctly("invalid" bootstate 255 included). all unknown bootstates load priiloader instead
- Fixed Bug with USB drives that could crash System menu
- Fixed the Wii Blue Light on wiimail issue (when standby, forgot to merge the light init code from phpgeek)
- Fixed Background issues when changing colour and not saving settings
- Fixed various video related bugs ( out of screen text, text on top of the other, ... )
- Fixed some ES_Identify Bugs (in a hacky way) when not using system menu IOS for system menu
- Reload Hacks completly when LoadHacks() is called and hacks were already loaded once
- Added the checksum function from priiloader to the installer. if the checksum fails it asks the user what to do. it checks when:
- Copying (installation of priiloader) the System menu app
- Restoring (uninstall of priiloader) the System menu app
- after Writing the Priiloader app (the checking installation part)
- Added basic HBC Stub Loading. if priiloader (or a dol loaded by priiloader) crashes you can press reset to load HBC
- Added possibility to boot System Menu if no wiimote is detected. after 15 seconds priiloader booted press reset to boot system menu
- Added a check when loading/installing binaries to see if the SD/USB is still present or not
- Fixed bug with USBGecko
- Fix some elf loading
- Fixed random (with very low % to actually happen)crash when loading dol/elf caused by wiimote
- Fixed Bootstate bug which made the health check pop up when resetting wii(or returning to wii settings)
- Merged the old black theme with the new white one (thanks BlackPearl & Bad Uncle! ). they are changable in the settings
- Stopped priiloader from reloading ios if the chosen IOS = the already loaded IOS (in most cases System menu IOS)
- Added Stub IOS Detections when loading bootmii ios or IOS for System Menu. Only IOS 21 seems to be detected as stub...
- Added a check on boot so some apps can reboot/launch system menu and force priiloader to show up (see magicword.zip)
- Re-added USB support. USB is used if SD is not found
- Added Sanity checks when installing priiloader
- v0.1 (changes on top of preloader 0.30)
- added autoboot Bootmii IOS
- added Bootmii IOS booting option to menu
- let Priiloader remount SD on a lot of occasions
- try and boot the HAXX Homebrew Channel title ID if JODI isn't found
- various file access bug fixes
- priiloader no longer needs ES_DIVerify for system menu booting. however if a different ios is chosen to run system menu with it still needs the hack/patch
- killed the DVD spin bug (crediar forgot to close the dvd drive in ios)
- fixed file booting (thx phpgeek)