|This is an old revision of this page, as edited by Owen at 16:11, 27 September 2015. It may differ significantly from the .|
|Contributor(s)||Julian Mathonet, @KenneyWings, JoostinOnline|
|Downloadable via the Homebrew Browser|
Newo Asteroids is a game made in the style of classic Asteroids. In 2064 on a Wednesday, aliens disturb the asteroid belt sending asteroids hurdling towards the earth. It is your job to destroy every last asteroid in the solar system and bring peace to the galaxy.
- Use your little ship to destroy asteroids threatening the earth while UFOs try to stop you.
- Large free space environment filled with asteroids.
- Power-ups, custom colours and alternate fire (focused or spread)
- Game modes; Easy, Normal, Hard and Classic. Speed run options: 3, 5 and 10 minutes.
- Online Leaderboard
- Customizable colours and 3d graphics in Textured, Flat, Cellshaded and Wireframe mode.
- Customizable controls schemes; Tank, Wii pointer (with nunchuk), Dual Analog, wiimote sideways and Eightway
- Customizable camera views.
- Title screen and Menu Sound effects designed by kenney.nl @kenneywings
- Background music; Flesheaters by Matt Nida from freemusicarchive
- 3d models by Julian
- PowerUp Textures by JoostinOnline
- Auto-Updates when new versions are released
Add your ideas or suggestion by clicking on the 'discussion' tab or here
More screenshots in na screenshot flickr set
Courtesy of [Cid2Mizard]
How to play
Ensure that you try out the 4 different control options and find the one that you can use the best. Most times you have to balance you ability to shoot with you ability to dodge bullets.
The green ring around you ship indicates you "force field" or life bar - if it gets too small you will get a GameOver. One button shoots and the other button fires the alternate weapon that protects the ship. Alternate fire is limited by the amount of rings you collect. Total rings collected are indicated by the yellow circle around the ship.
You weapon over heats when the white circle turns red. If it over heats too long it will lock up and need to cool before you can use it again.
It basically a game of survival. The green dot on the radar is earth which is the center of the play field. Red dots are enemies. White dots are asteroids. The yellow dot is you. If you go past the edge of the play field you will warp to the other side.
You also build a combo if you destroy asteroids quickly.
All controls work for first player only. Wiimote pointed at the screen and nunchuck is the easiest to use. Gamecube controller with Dual Stick option set to "No" is more fun. On the Classic and GameCube you will be able to use the right analog stick to move the cross hair if Dual Stick is set to YES in the options. Also note that if you switch the camera to a 3d view, the pointer will not work correctly - use the Tank control option if you are in a 3d camera view.
|Options Menu / Accept|
|Quit Game Or Level|
|Not Available||Move Target Cursor|
- Owen - C Programming
- Julian Mathonet - 3d Models and Textures
- Kenney for title screen and GUI SFX
- PowerUp Textures by JoostinOnline
Inspiration & Thanx
- Testers: Titmouse, wilco, @kenneywings, JoostinOnline, Julian, Mr. Reaper
- Masteroids and WiiSPACE
- And the dudes behind GRRLIB! :)
Version 2.95 - Sept 27, 2015
- Fixed Enemy A.I. and movement
- Added New Difficulty: Dogfight
- Added 5 new achievements
- Minor Bug fixes and optimizations
Version 2.9 - April 16, 2014
- Adjustments for widescreen tvs
- Bug fixes and optimizations
Version 2.8 - February 24, 2014
- Added loading screen
- Added Auto Update
- Fixed Http bug which caused leaderboard to load slowly
- Leaderboard statistics now has its own website
- Updated engine libraries, fixed animation bugs, updated menus
Version 2.6 - October 10, 2013
- Added space physics
- Added Classic game mode (has maximum space physics and less enemies)
- Fixed D-pad controls, dpad can now be used on p1 wiimote sideways, gamecube or classic.
- Leaderboard now shows scores based on difficulty selected.
- Leaderboard now reloads every time you change the difficulty.
- Fixed rendering issues with disappearing objects.
- Near field radar lines now show asteroids that are close to the ship in order to help find asteroids when there are few.
- Fixed Leaderboard Bugs
- improved graphics
Version 2.4 - July 27, 2013
- fixed bug with leaderboard not submitting scores correctly
- added "speedrun" option for timed speedruns ( 3, 5 and 10 minutes )
- added animated menus
- minor bug fixes
Version 2.2 - July 9, 2013
- Added Online Leaderboards for highscores. Daily, Monthly, Speedruns
- Updated Achievements Interface
- Fixed Death Animation
- Online leaderboards uses wii nickname as playername
- Added Language menu option, Online Data option.
- Makes use of http-parser
- Leaderboard bugfix for 2.2, old version check, auto-disables after 10 failed attempts.
Version 1.5 - November 15, 2012
- Added difficulty new modes; hard and easy. Easy has more asteroids, less enemies and no over heating.
- Added achievements system with 25 achievements/challenges.
- Fixed music loop.
- Fixed player score is visible by default.
- Added a cool new type of radar that is centered around the ship as suggested by Mr. Reaper.
- On screen message when ship overheats + wii cursor turns red.
- Colours, settings and achievements/challenges are saved between games.
- Alternate fire is different if used while the fire button is held down.
- Fixed flickering of power rings at 60fps.
- Fixed The target cursor centering bug. Thanx Mr. Reaper
Version 1 - October 05, 2012
- Initial release